Your top (cheap) mods for improved driving experience..

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Basically looking to build a list of simple mods that you feel has improved the driving experience.

For example-- I hate rattles and noises (of which there's plenty on the vert's) and was going to put some insulator, such as dynamat, under all the interior panels that rattle.

I was also going to try and improve the "notchy" feeling when shifting by trying the anti-venom mod, as well as purchasing a set of @CobraBob 's shifter gaskets to reduce noise.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Improving gas pedal to brake height. I made my mod with flexible fuel hose or prevent it from snapping my throttle cable. Great pedal height now for heel toe down shifting.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Improving gas pedal to brake height. I made my mod with flexible fuel hose or prevent it from snapping my throttle cable. Great pedal height now for heel toe down shifting.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Good idea. The stock pedal heights are a little awkward for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Cool, just read up on the anti-venom mod. Will do this next time trans is out.
I've heard a lot of people have completed this without removing the trans (car still needs to be on a lift, though). With the right combo of wobbles and extensions, you can get to the bolt.

That was probably much easier years ago when these cars were a little newer. I tried doing this a couple years back and i couldn't get the bolt to budge. I'll be completing it once i drop the trans to upgrade my clutch/flywheel

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I've heard a lot of people have completed this without removing the trans (car still needs to be on a lift, though). With the right combo of wobbles and extensions, you can get to the bolt.

That was probably much easier years ago when these cars were a little newer. I tried doing this a couple years back and i couldn't get the bolt to budge. I'll be completing it once i drop the trans to upgrade my clutch/flywheel

I did mine w/o dropping the trans. Piece of cake, and worth it.

speedoflife

Established Member
This a million times! Modding the height of the gas pedal takes 5 minutes and makes an awesome difference. If you really want your pedals set up for driving then take a read through this thread. I’ve done these pedal-adjusting mods and am thrilled with the result. My clutch pedal now has half the travel of stock, it’s even with my brake pedal, and I can heel-toe barefoot now. Not that I do or anything.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...firmer-shifts-and-performance-driving.313294/

upload_2018-7-4_8-19-22.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread