Your thoughts

hinds04

Established Member
just ordered some powered by svt coil covers and now I'm thinking of having my valve covers powdercoated. I am sticking to all torch red and black. I painted my eaton black when I got my port. Any thoughts? Im thinking valve covers red and coil covers black with red lettering? Still unsure.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I think that'd look pretty slick. Body matched valve covers with contrasting coil covers always look good, IMO.

Jefe

Established Member
Post up your current engine bay

Think I found it. Not a lot of red now, either should look good but im leaning towards black covers with red letter on the coil covers. Real sinister look

IMG_0568.jpg

Last edited:

Fat-cat

Established Member
Yeah im with JeFe. Black Cam Covers with Red Coil covers and Black lettering. But the filp of that will be nice as well. To much red for me with the engine bay and red cam covers ..

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
What they^ said and id probably paint the "svt" on the eaton red also...post pics when complete

mrose75

Established Member
Yeah, pretty much a cumulation of what everyone here said would be sick..... Do it, Post Pics. I need to paint me Stage V. Is there a how to or sticky on that somewhere?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
either blue or black would be good. i think the red would be to much "red"

heres a couple pics of mine. i just got mine done. pm me if you want the ford powder coat. i paid $50 for it but ill ship it for $25. i have 2.00 lbs left

1277051480.jpg

PICT0278.jpg

PICT0272.jpg

before

PICT0086-1.jpg

PICT0117.jpg

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Getting that drivers side cover off of there is not small feat. If you have the time and skill do it.

hell the passenger side is no cake walk either....

but the drivers side does seem very intimidating if never done before. but once its off it goes back together pretty smooth.

Jroc

Established Member
I say do red.

It will be unique in the Terminator community, and you'll fit right in with the Type R/S2000/NSX crowd.

But seriously I don't think red would look bad. Even the blue ones which I really like look bad with certain colored cars like mystichrome. They sure as hell don't match DSG or CO among others.

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
either blue or black would be good. i think the red would be to much "red"

heres a couple pics of mine. i just got mine done. pm me if you want the ford powder coat. i paid $50 for it but ill ship it for $25. i have 2.00 lbs left

1277051480.jpg

PICT0278.jpg

PICT0272.jpg

You did your own powder coat? Huh?

On another note: I think blue valve covers would be OK in a DSG. It's Ford blue and the understanding why is there.....

Users who are viewing this thread