Your thoughts on Mustang Week 2012

smknvette

Established Member
This was my first year coming down for MW. I can say we had fun. I kinda figured there would be more people out cruising the strip at night by ohwell. I guess I'm old school in the fact I love to just get out and cruise around. I guess that area is so freakin big with people staying in north myrtle, garden city, myrtle and so on, it just seems like theres not much around. I saw the same cars on the road every day and night lol. I did roll thru Holiday sands south and had a few people talk but not much. The only other ones were drunk and acting stupid. People like that can mess your car up being dumb and that would end with them getting hurt lol. All in all I had a good time and will be back. I still can't believe the cops don't sit outside the mall on Friday though lol. It's alot of fun and I let my cobra loose when I pulled out, but that's just asking for something bad to happen. I can see somebody getting out of shape and running over about 10-15 people standing on the side of the road. Just MO.

Hopefully next year I can meet some of y'all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horspla2000

Established Member
Mbmw

Wish I could have gone but what we should do for next year is start planning early to meet up after events to cruise or what ever. Make our own "svtp event."

^^^ This ^^^ I went for a vaca to MB and picked the MBMW week to go for a side benefit. I was there every day (at the Mall) Thurs thru Sunday. I made long drive from northern Ohio and I will say overall its not what I expected. I know there was other scheduled events, but I wanted to enjoy the beach too. Plus I had my 5 year old son w me and I had to keep him entertained. I'd love to go back, tho. Nothing like being at MB and being surrounded my Mustangs of all kinds. I had a hotel on the beach and you could just hang out there and watch the traffic go by on Ocean Blvd and it was kind of a little car show in itself. I would definately be game for a meet up and a night time cruise or SVTP members meet at XYZ parking lot to hang and BS, and cruise to ZYX parking lot and BS some more...etc etc. The vendors were decent, car show was decent but.... overall not what I expected. I'm sure if I were a little younger and went w a crowd of other Mustang guys and put more effort into the MW itself, there was more stuff to do/places to go, but it was more of a vaca time for me. I will go back if I'm able. :rockon:

Last edited:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
^^^ This ^^^ I went for a vaca to MB and picked the MBMW week to go for a side benefit. I was there every day (at the Mall) Thurs thru Sunday. I made long drive from northern Ohio and I will say overall its not what I expected. I know there was other scheduled events, but I wanted to enjoy the beach too. Plus I had my 5 year old son w me and I had to keep him entertained. I'd love to go back, tho. Nothing like being at MB and being surrounded my Mustangs of all kinds. I had a hotel on the beach and you could just hang out there and watch the traffic go by on Ocean Blvd and it was kind of a little car show in itself. I would definately be game for a meet up and a night time cruise or SVTP members meet at XYZ parking lot to hang and BS, and cruise to ZYX parking lot and BS some more...etc etc. The vendors were decent, car show was decent but.... overall not what I expected. I'm sure if I were a little younger and went w a crowd of other Mustang guys and put more effort into the MW itself, there was more stuff to do/places to go, but it was more of a vaca time for me. I will go back if I'm able. :rockon:

people are usually with their familys. The would be my guess why no one is out. i have been going for 10 years. i have made friends that live there. we usually hang out at their places. Crusiing the strip eats a ton of gas money up.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This was my 3rd time in a row going. I agree as well as do many others that its a vacation area and a lot of people hang on the beach. I usually have my car but I didn't this year due to some suspension issues. I had fun at the " party like a rockstar" night. I talked to some people and Travis as well. You really need to make yourself known though or everyone will just think your just there for the bar. I am hoping to make 4 years in a row but we will see. Over all the week is awesome.

Last edited:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
FWIW, I like to cruise at night a bit too. I would have been out cruising, but my Lightning blew up 15 minutes from home on the way down... so it just wouldn't have been as cool cruising the strip in my fiance's 4-door G6 LOL

We'll be down again for my 9th consecutive year. The Lightning will be gone, hopefully sooner than later; and we'll hopefully have either a Mystichrome 04 Cobra or an Alloy 07/08 GT500.

Last edited:

jc2002ac

Mw 2012

Had a great time there didn't stay as long as I would have liked cause I was in from Afghanistan for my rr but had the family down there and enjoyed both shows on fri and sat and picked up some things at a good price. Also wondering if anyone had pics or video from after the show sat when most of the cars were running up and down the strip.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Had a great time there didn't stay as long as I would have liked cause I was in from Afghanistan for my rr but had the family down there and enjoyed both shows on fri and sat and picked up some things at a good price. Also wondering if anyone had pics or video from after the show sat when most of the cars were running up and down the strip.

hey man thanks for service. your the reason we can have mustangweek

Last edited:

svtnotch

Established Member
This was my first year and i was kind of dissappointed as well. after the events i was bored i didnt know where if anywhere people were meeting up. wish i would have known of the fox cruise. didnt see many cars till later in the week wed,thurs. i stayed on the strip hated the hotel and traffic. they lied to me about parking and was stuck parking in some alley with truck and trailer. i will go back sometime but only for thur-sat

mr-proper

Established Member
its to hot to walk around all day, thats the main reason i didnt sign up for the car show, mustang week should be in sept.!!! perfect wetter! i left the lot after 2hours. last year it was even hotter

qualls22

Established Member
I enjoyed the week. Spent the day at the beach and then went to the events which is great. Then went cruising at night but only really went by myself and the girlfriend of course but would have liked to meet up with people and cruise with them. It was my 3rd year in a row down there but won't be able to make it next year :/ although I will be down there the year after! And hopefully/more then likely be in a 03/04 cobra!

Dragu1a

Established Member
i've never been....but i've always wanted to. like others have said, i don't really know anyone one here and would feel a little akward approaching a group of people like a kid on his 1st day at a new school, "hey, will you be my friend?" :loser: haha. i'd like to see big events at the drag strip, but not drive 100 miles each way to it.

almost all of my friends are married(and only 2 give a rats ass about cars to begin with) so it'd be a miracle to get 1 of them to be able to go for a week...my fiancee would love to go to myrtle beach, but sadly, she hates car events and would not ride the 11hrs in my car to go...and i'm not too big on the idea of putting 1,500+ miles on my car in a week(i barely do that in a year).

then being 31, it's like i'm in 'old man purgatory'...too old to hang out with the youngsters but not old enough to hang out with the old vets.

i suck. :cryying:

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Haha you gotta find the right people to hang with. Age don't matter, one of my buddies is 18 with a mustang and My grandmother is in her 70's with a mustang. We all rolled down to Mustang week together this past year. It's all about the fun of meeting everyone and cruising in our 'stangs.

qualls22

Established Member
i've never been....but i've always wanted to. like others have said, i don't really know anyone one here and would feel a little akward approaching a group of people like a kid on his 1st day at a new school, "hey, will you be my friend?" :loser: haha. i'd like to see big events at the drag strip, but not drive 100 miles each way to it.

almost all of my friends are married(and only 2 give a rats ass about cars to begin with) so it'd be a miracle to get 1 of them to be able to go for a week...my fiancee would love to go to myrtle beach, but sadly, she hates car events and would not ride the 11hrs in my car to go...and i'm not too big on the idea of putting 1,500+ miles on my car in a week(i barely do that in a year).

then being 31, it's like i'm in 'old man purgatory'...too old to hang out with the youngsters but not old enough to hang out with the old vets.

i suck. :cryying:
I was very weary about driving that much to since you are close to me and it really wasn't that bad at all and to be honest it doesn't matter the age I'm 24 and talked to guys much older and younger. And as the fiancé goes leave her at the beach lol I took mine down this year she isn't fond of stuff like that either but she said she had a blast. But if you decide to go in a couple years let me know and we could cruise down together. :beer:
Haha you gotta find the right people to hang with. Age don't matter, one of my buddies is 18 with a mustang and My grandmother is in her 70's with a mustang. We all rolled down to Mustang week together this past year. It's all about the fun of meeting everyone and cruising in our 'stangs.

+1 you nailed it right on the head!

MassHole

Tuned by Dez
Established Member
3rd year attending. 1st year living here. 2010 was epic, 2011 was a bit disappointing, but still fun. 2012(this year) was much better. Obviously helps now that i live minutes away :dancenana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread