Your opinions on a possible purchase

ND69mach1

Established Member
Hey guys looking to buy a 2011 gt500. Here's the scenario. It is a one owner car with the svt package electronics package and glass roof they asking 32998 for it which is maxing my budget and I'd pull the trigger because they threw on 4 new tires and it is a pretty clean vehicle only thing is it has 54k in miles. That's what is holding me back right now. It feels like its on the high side for that price range what are your opinions?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Post some pictures, color combo plus glass roof can change the actual value. Does not sound out of price range.

CobraG

Established Member
I'd say it depends on the condition. I'm a miles freak though, I don't like a lot of miles. I've looked at cars with higher miles, but I think, if I buy it with that many miles and a higher price, I'll be stuck with it for sure. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you plan on keeping it a while or forever.

ND69mach1

Established Member
Post some pictures, color combo plus glass roof can change the actual value. Does not sound out of price range.

Attachments

• 20210119_121447.jpg
    20210119_121447.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 125

ND69mach1

Established Member
I'll be able to see it be I purchase. It's a few hours away so I'd likely buy it if I see it and it is as they say. But it's just the 54 k miles that I'm not sure if I'm being to paranoid or not

PC03GT

Established Member
I'll be able to see it be I purchase. It's a few hours away so I'd likely buy it if I see it and it is as they say. But it's just the 54 k miles that I'm not sure if I'm being to paranoid or not
It would really depend on how many owner's, how the car was used, and maintenance

ND69mach1

Established Member
It would really depend on how many owner's, how the car was used, and maintenance
Right. It was a one owner car and it looks like he took it in every year for a multipoint inspection minus a couple. That's why I cant just say no to many miles it seems all in all what you would hope to see

nyuk98GT

Established Member
ND68mach1,

6k miles per year so maybe a "semi-DD" (nice weather driving mostly) and the original owner had the recommended maintenance done (at the dealer it sounds like). Give the car a good look-over and haggle some with the dealer. (yes, they put new tires on but there still ought to be some wiggle room in price).

Post of some pics when you get it home! :D

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread