Your opinion please!

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I just had work done on my transmission at Ford. I ordered all of the parts and they did all of the labor.

I ordered in: FRPP throw out bearing, FRPP pilot bearing, Lethal Performance retainer sleeve, Centerforce clutch, and Fidanza fly wheel. The Centerforce clutch came with a Centerforce brand TOB too. I instructed Ford to install the FRPP TOB, not the Centerforce brand because many of you say they're junk.

See where I'm going with this? I pick up the car today after hours (I paid, left the car there for errands and came back to pick it up) and realize the FRPP throw out bearing sitting in the passenger seat still in the box. Now, I can (and probably will unless you convince me otherwise) explain to them what i expected and that they need to install the proper parts that I requested. Of course this will involve a lot of labor on their expense and another two days without my car.

What do you think? I've read time and time again that anything but the FRPP TOB is junk. That's why I ordered it!

Thoughts please, I've already text the service manager and let him know my distaste for what I found. The car was filthy too, but that's easily fixable...

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Rule number one about owning a Ford, never take your car to Ford.

Did you get it in writing that you directed them to install the FRPP TOB? If not they'll probably just make up some BS story about how it's their policy not to mix and match clutch kit parts etc. You should have removed the CF TOB from the box. That's the only way to get idiots to do what you want. Seeing as they can't/won't pay attention to detail nor communicate your instructions to others.

In such a case you just learned the hard way rule #1 stated above.

Going to Ford has its ups and downs.

What TOB does Centerforce use? Have you asked them?

Just as an example...I recently had another Spec 3+ installed. Spec used to supply a Timken bearing that simply was difficult to adjust. Spec listened to its customers and the new TOb they supplied in this new kit looks virtually identical to the FR heavy duty TOB. And the Spec supplied one, which they state is made by Federal Mogul, is in there now.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I wouldn't just buy into the online chatter that a TOB is junk...until you know what you actually have.

But I certainly would be upset if a Ford service manager failed to inform the Ford grease monkey to use a specific part that you already ordered and paid for.

Unfortunately, as TractionLess1 indicated...going to any Ford dealer is a huge mistake. Even a bad speedshop shows more competence these days.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Going to Ford has its ups and downs.

What TOB does Centerforce use? Have you asked them?

Just as an example...I recently had another Spec 3+ installed. Spec used to supply a Timken bearing that simply was difficult to adjust. Spec listened to its customers and the new TOb they supplied in this new kit looks virtually identical to the FR heavy duty TOB. And the Spec supplied one, which they state is made by Federal Mogul, is in there now.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I wouldn't just buy into the online chatter that a TOB is junk...until you know what you actually have.

But I certainly would be upset if a Ford service manager failed to inform the Ford grease monkey to use a specific part that you already ordered and paid for.

Unfortunately, as TractionLess1 indicated...going to any Ford dealer is a huge mistake. Even a bad speedshop shows more competence these days.

Okay I understand and thanks. But can we forget I said I took it to Ford? It's irrelevant for my question and asking for your thoughts on my plan of action.

Upon further reading countless threads the matter of TOB quality is quite subjective. Point is, parts I asked to be installed were not. No I don't have that in writing. I'm so frustrated and I know they will refuse putting the FRPP bearing in for free but I am going to negotiate tomorrow. I just don't want this bearing to squeak/fail prematurely because of inferior quality...

Matter of fact, the new clutch feels awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread