Your before/after numbers with a Vortech?

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Alright numbers finally came in, I apologize it took a bit for anyone who was curious. Before this, the estimated HP was around 370 NA

First pull was 470hp/391 TQ.

Second pull we added 2° of timing, and this seemed to have really woke things up, with the second pull coming in at 492/412.

Third pull was a little odd, went back tune from the first pull, which is taking away that 2° as mentioned earlier, and this pull made 487/411

A lot of things could have led to that last pull being way higher than the first despite having the same tune, and unfortunately we were unable to get a wideband on or log any of the intake temps or anything, nor were we able to see how much boost we were making. However I plan to have this info to you this weekend for anyone who cares.

Anyway, thanks for the read and input!
20180508_192338.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The tuner has a dynojet and he didn't have the ability to attach a wideband sensor to the exhaust pipe? That's kind of whack.. Who the hell knows what the air fuel is? You could be leaving 30 HP on the table too rich or too lean is dangerous.
With those increases I say your about 7 lbs of boost.

TimmyTurner

Established Member
The tuner has a dynojet and he didn't have the ability to attach a wideband sensor to the exhaust pipe? That's kind of whack.. Who the hell knows what the air fuel is? You could be leaving 30 HP on the table too rich or too lean is dangerous.
With those increases I say your about 7 lbs of boost.
Yeah he didnt seem to want to do any extra shit when I asked. Oh well, this weekend we're checking all of that. 7 lbs is what im thinking too but It'll be cool to see if its less than that. It was street tuned prior so it probably wasnt too dangerous.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So the car was street tuned with a wideband after you got the vortech installed, then you threw it on a dyno to see what it would make?

Or it was street tuned N/A, then you bolted on the vortech and then threw it on the dyno without tuning it for the boost lol?

Last edited:

TimmyTurner

Established Member
So the car was street tuned with a wideband after you got the vortech installed, then you threw it on a dyno to see what it would make?

Or it was street tuned N/A, then you bolted on the vortech and then threw it on the dyno with tuning it for the boost lol?
Tuned after vortech was installed, then dyno'd.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You need to get yourself a gauge or 2.
A/F and Boost for starters.
I bet 370rwhp NA was a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread