Your before/after numbers with a Vortech?

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Hey all, my 99 cobra is about to have the V1 all installed and everything, and I'm pretty excited to see how it runs.

My question is, what were your numbers before and after the supercharger and what should I expect realistically? I have a dyno on the 7th hopefully.

The car will be on 6-8 lbs, and is currently making 370 horsepower.
E85, milled C heads, 98 cobra cams, intake, exhaust. My best guess is around 450 give or take a bit at the dyno coming up, but I like to look at the numbers from other people.

So what are your before/after numbers and what do you think mine will make with boost? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What trim are you running? That makes a difference. But chances are your tuner will have to back things down to hit 450.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Is the bottom end stock? My Eaton swapped car with the stock pulley makes 440. All I have besides that is cold air, x pipe and catback. That's on 93 and a conservative tune.

Never had it dynoed before that but I assume it was right around 300 with bolt ons. So I'd think your car on E85 should hit 500 pretty easily.

TimmyTurner

Established Member
Is the bottom end stock? My Eaton swapped car with the stock pulley makes 440. All I have besides that is cold air, x pipe and catback. That's on 93 and a conservative tune.

Never had it dynoed before that but I assume it was right around 300 with bolt ons. So I'd think your car on E85 should hit 500 pretty easily.
Mach 1 short block, just the forged crank really.

Recon

Established Member
I wouldn’t go passed 450 on those pistons and rods. If you want 500 find someone with some Terminator rods and pistons and you’ll be fine.

Pick your poison.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It's been a long time since I've played with the 99/01 engines. But I remember it didn't take much boost for them to crack the 450 mark. The guy I bought my D1 from had an 01 making 470-ish around 12psi. And that was a really conservative tune on a bone stock engine.

A Mach 1 engine already has close to another point in compression. Do you know how much was milled off the heads? Plus, the slightly better 98 Cobra cams. I don’t see 500 being an issue. Hence why I said the tuner will have to back things down. Keep the tune conservative and don’t beat on the car. Then start saving for forged rods and pistons. Because you will want to turn it up at some point.

TimmyTurner

Established Member
It's been a long time since I've played with the 99/01 engines. But I remember it didn't take much boost for them to crack the 450 mark. The guy I bought my D1 from had an 01 making 470-ish around 12psi. And that was a really conservative tune on a bone stock engine.

A Mach 1 engine already has close to another point in compression. Do you know how much was milled off the heads? Plus, the slightly better 98 Cobra cams. I don’t see 500 being an issue. Hence why I said the tuner will have to back things down. Keep the tune conservative and don’t beat on the car. Then start saving for forged rods and pistons. Because you will want to turn it up at some point.
12:1 compression. Yeah I plan on putting some subframe connectors and a FTB IRS kit next. After that it's the rods/pistons.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hey all, my 99 cobra is about to have the V1 all installed and everything, and I'm pretty excited to see how it runs.

My question is, what were your numbers before and after the supercharger and what should I expect realistically? I have a dyno on the 7th hopefully.

The car will be on 6-8 lbs, and is currently making 370 horsepower.
E85, milled C heads, 98 cobra cams, intake, exhaust. My best guess is around 450 give or take a bit at the dyno coming up, but I like to look at the numbers from other people.

So what are your before/after numbers and what do you think mine will make with boost? Thanks everyone!

Did you ever get it on the dyno?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nope, fuel system ran out of fuel at 4500 rpm. Going with a return system with dual improved ford GT pumps. Should be up this weekend and a dyno shortly after.

Gotcha. Just saw your thread earlier today and figured I'd weigh in. My car made 456/390 on a 95 degree day on 7 lbs of boost and a safe tune. Didn't have dyno numbers before but figured it would have been a bit over 300 to the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread