You think you have spider problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDog

Established Member
I know some of you post pics of spiders you find around the house. Check this thing out:

An amazing image of a mammoth spider devouring a bird was taken in the backyard of a property near Cairns, Australia.

The image, which is being cirulated via e-mail worldwide, is real, according to wildlife experts, The Cairns Post reported.

The photo, believed to have been taken earlier this week, shows the spider clenching its legs around a lifeless bird trapped in a web at a property near Atherton, west of Cairns.

Joel Shakespeare, the head spider keeper at NSW's Australian Reptile Park, said the spider was a golden orb weaver.

"Normally they prey on large insects, it's unusual to see one eating a bird," he said. Shakepeare said he had seen golden orb weaver spiders as big as a human hand but the northern species in tropical areas were known to grow larger.

0,,6313710,00.jpg

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
That is just awesome. I do not know how I would go about it, but if I found a spider that large I would have to catch it. But this is not to say that I would not be terrified all the while.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I hate spiders, but that is amazing! Just one more reason to hate them, though.

oldmodman

Established Member
If I came out of my house and saw that, I would go right back inside, and stay there!

And if the damn spider tried to break in and kill me I would have to call Chuck Norris to come over and kick it into space.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
<<<< *looks at picture of giant spider* * Finds can of hair spray and lighter..* no no that won't work... *grabs car keys to pick up more .223 ammo*

I wonder what that thing sounds like when you step on it....

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Yea I do have a spider problem...I've seen this nasty ****ing picture TWICE today (pics/vids). ****ing spiders...why would God make something so ****ed up???

KazooGS-T

Established Member
I've killed about ten black widows in the shed within the past month. They just keep having their little spider babies everywhere; I have no clue where all the black widows are actually coming from but they love that shed. Bought some Demon WP, hopefully that will stop them.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I hate to be the one to call Re-Post, but I beat you to this one. I posted in Pics and Vids at about 7:50PM today. :)

KDog

Established Member
Yea I do have a spider problem...I've seen this nasty ****ing picture TWICE today (pics/vids). ****ing spiders...why would God make something so ****ed up???

Damn! Searched here, but not there. My bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread