You know what's REALLY frustrating?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Pulling up to a railroad crossing only to find a damn train is sitting dead still across the tracks! Last night coming home from work I see the flashing red lights. As frustrating as that usually is then I noticed the damned train was STOPPED.

Anyway I had to do a u-turn and go way around the other side of town to get home. :cuss: Anyway, since no one is here I needed to rant. :poke:

:pepper:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
No, what's worse is when they lay on the tracks for 15 minutes, then move forward 500 ft, then roll back 1000 ft, then move forward and stop for another 10 minutes.

Happens all the time here. Never will you see so many people going 90 in a 40 MPH zone than you do here. :bash:

NA97GT

Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
No, what's worse is when they lay on the tracks for 15 minutes, then move forward 500 ft, then roll back 1000 ft, then move forward and stop for another 10 minutes.

Happens all the time here. Never will you see so many people going 90 in a 40 MPH zone than you do here. :bash:
the trains out here are a real pain. Especially the ones by ASU when I drive to class, Ive been stuck in line for over 30min before. :cuss:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
NA97GT said:
the trains out here are a real pain. Especially the ones by ASU when I drive to class, Ive been stuck in line for over 30min before. :cuss:

I know what you mean. One time, I hit the train on University, then again on Mill, then again on the frontage road of 101. :burn:

It took me 40 extra minutes to get to my destination. :nonono:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
They do that ALL the time around here (Chicago - railroad hub of the US).

Our town has a law that states railroads can't block a road for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I heard the railroad has racked up over $60,000 in fines in our town because of this law. The local PD called the railroad demanding they pay the fines.

The railroad told them to shove it. :burn:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
happened to me
the train switch yard is waaay over in north vancouver, and then across a little bridge and along the beach (more or less) in west vancouver
I was going home from the beach at 11:00 at night
train was super long, started shunting around as though it was adding on more damn cars, like the thing wasn't long enough!

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:

fell off my chair reading that one...lol

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Well that sux. Don't they normally do that crap in the wee hours of the morning?

03Cobra_hopeful

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ?
Established Member
Unless you live where I do.
There are some train tracks about a 1/4 mi from here..
Mmmm maybe almost a half.. not quite..
Anyhow, the train runs on that track back and forth 10 times a day.
It's a freight train too..
So ofcourse it's 5158756178723 ft long and pokin' ass..the whole way..

Speaking of, I hear it now..

Users who are viewing this thread