You have tuning advice for a 94 Cobra? CHIME IN!!

Vladasapsvt

Established Member
Hey guys,

I searched and searched but to no avail.

Ive got a basically stock 1994 Cobra. Its got a CAI, longtubes, x pipe and a 70mm tb + 3.73s. ***STOCK INJECTORS AND MAF***

I KNOW that i dont need a chip but i do want one to lower the fan temps, possibly delete the EGR and some other stuff...and of course get rid of the tip in timing! This may be wasted $$$ to most ppl, but I really like tuning it all to its best as i go.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what are some other things to do when burning a chip on the dyno? Once again, basically a stock 1994 Cobra with the J4J1 computer.

Also, ive got 2 specific questions::

(1) can i still have the tip in timing under lets say 3,000 rpm but totally get rid of it above 3,000rpm aka WOT :burnout:

(2) will i need an adj fuel pressure regulator when getting tuned or can it be adjusted with the chip?

PLEASE chime in with any and all info you may have!

Thanks guys!!!
:beer:

Last edited:

jmstekguy

Established Member
the 94-95 cobras are notorious for insane ammounts of tip in spark, and can benefit from a tune. also the tune has 28 degree of timing commanded in borderline spark from what i remember, fan temps oem are in the 200's faranhiet, it would have to be done via chip either sct or diablosport. you dont need an adjustable fpr, the oem one will suffice in a n/a configuration. i hope this helps

Vladasapsvt

Established Member
the 94-95 cobras are notorious for insane ammounts of tip in spark, and can benefit from a tune. also the tune has 28 degree of timing commanded in borderline spark from what i remember, fan temps oem are in the 200's faranhiet, it would have to be done via chip either sct or diablosport. you dont need an adjustable fpr, the oem one will suffice in a n/a configuration. i hope this helps

THANK YOU!!!

Thats exactly the kind of info i was looking for.

Any other info that i should look into or keep in mind when i go get a chip burnt on the dyno would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread