You guys would love to see what I've got on the way to me.

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
^^im with him on this one...you building a kit car err sumthin chuck?

Last edited:

Tru_Ice

Banned
ChuckysSVT said:
Out pimp me....lol. thats awesome.... :beer:

There is a point to trying to be fastest....its something to do. Im the type that has to keep myself busy w/ anything. Im not bashin the C5 by no means. Ive had one so I know how slow they are. This new stuff is starting to bore me. Im thinking a mix between old style and new tech would be different...and fun at the same time.

There is nothing better than driving a car that you built. The first ride after spending 2+ years working out the details is awesome. :thumbsup:

Yeah I know it's all in good fun....I'm still trying to get this C5 to go fast....Look what Santa brought me...

90mm-Pic1.jpg
90mm-Pic2.jpg

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
^^ I KNEW IT...i just wasnt sure. thast thing is gonna be awesome as long as he gets it.which i hope he does. he could put a KB'd 5.0L like the one we saw at XXX in july

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
I looked into the 324 but the components needed to finish would be alot of $$$. Its a C5 w/ a porshe trans and a new body/frame. I think they are pretty conservative at 30k to build. If you go w/ late model mustang the parts are easier to come by. There is a ton of aftermarket suspension/engine mods to be had also for 1/4 the price of C5 stuff. I have always loved the old school shelby look....if done tastefully. There are alot out there that are hacked together by someone who was impatient and just wanted to finish the project. I did a 68 camaro 2 years ago and it turned out very nice. PPG torch red w/ white stripes. Full leather interior including the headliner. ZZ430 small block (they were a limited run version of the LT4) and nitrous. I had the spindles/brakes custom made and it had a set of sweet 17" boyd coddington rims. I finished the car, drove it for 400 miles and sold it. I liked building it more than cleaning it...I guess. Guy since blew the motor...and screwed up the paint taking it to the track. Ohh well...

C Weil

Established Member
Hey Chuck, there are better things to be had for the money than the 324 BB/S, which I feel is a waste and not a good combination if you can avoid it. I suppose that's part of the whole explanation that I, uh, never got around to.

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
I talked to a builder in the mid west and they reccomended a tear down, slight over bore and some good pistons. Im slightly down on compression in on cylinder but the car still makes a bunch of power. I did some research and I think when I went to FAST SPEC. I was having a voltage problem because of the lower overspinning the alternator..resulting in my A/F spiking at 5k rpms. Not sure if the new MAF meter helped but My A/F is stable now..and Im running w/ the predator again. Ive since logged 2k miles and a set of tires, running the combo I have now. I want to rebuild the motor w/ some good pistons and maybe some mild cams and run it w/ the ported eaton. When you really do some research there is plenty of power to be had w/ the ported blower, some cooling mods, ported heads, good pistons and a mild cam setup. Frustration was setting in after Rick and I put tons of hours into our cars and his started to crap out and mine seemed close behind. I have my project coming hopefully in mid Dec. though I probably wont start it till late spring ( I want to get some room in my 3 bay or build my shop). Hopefully I can find a competent shop here in Wa that can rebuild my cobra this fall. Until then I'll drive it like I stole it...

whippleblown03

Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
I talked to a builder in the mid west and they reccomended a tear down, slight over bore and some good pistons. Im slightly down on compression in on cylinder but the car still makes a bunch of power. I did some research and I think when I went to FAST SPEC. I was having a voltage problem because of the lower overspinning the alternator..resulting in my A/F spiking at 5k rpms. Not sure if the new MAF meter helped but My A/F is stable now..and Im running w/ the predator again. Ive since logged 2k miles and a set of tires, running the combo I have now. I want to rebuild the motor w/ some good pistons and maybe some mild cams and run it w/ the ported eaton. When you really do some research there is plenty of power to be had w/ the ported blower, some cooling mods, ported heads, good pistons and a mild cam setup. Frustration was setting in after Rick and I put tons of hours into our cars and his started to crap out and mine seemed close behind. I have my project coming hopefully in mid Dec. though I probably wont start it till late spring ( I want to get some room in my 3 bay or build my shop). Hopefully I can find a competent shop here in Wa that can rebuild my cobra this fall. Until then I'll drive it like I stole it...

have you considered an aluiminum block from like a 96 cobra to save some weight up front? k-member? ported heads and some good cams and 1 5/8 headers would be my pick if i had the dollars!

C Weil

Established Member
Hey Chuck, I know of a couple that can confidently rebuild it, including where I work (though I won't be there, I can gladly come back to set it up/time the cams). I even have a good Teksid aluminum block available, which you should definitely do. From a monetary standpoint, unless you already have a ported blower, it'll make more horsepower/dollar to get a KB/Whipple than to do ported heads/cams, especially since big cams + PD displacement blower = bad idea. I do have a great guy to do the porting though.

Ok, I've resolved to send you a big email about this tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread