You guys are never gonna believe this!!!

SN8KBYTE

Established Member
So I got my car tuned at HIGGIN'S FORD PERFORMANCE in Douglasville GA last year. You all saw my dyno sheet 608 rwhp 507 tq. The car ran like garbage and had low speed drivability issues but it was fast. The bill, $5300+. I decided to bring the car to Modular Power House in Cartersville Ga. to see what's up. Tim baselines my car and gets 493 rwhp. WTF! I just installed a Nazman ported intake, KB bap, Procharger race bypass, spark plugs and two coils on plugs that were no good, the car tuned now makes 550 rwhp as it stands. What would you guys do about Higgins Ford? This guy ROBBED me and blatantly lied about, probably everything he did to my car and gave me a bogus dyno sheet to boot. If anyone on here thinks they may have been taken advantage of by this shop please contact me. If I can get enough people together we can very well get at least a partial refund. My name is Dave and my number is 386-986-8426. MPH has 3 more cars from Higgins. If you're one of these guys please call me.:fm:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
welcome to the mustang community, where people have been getting ****ed sine 1950 and there is nothing you can do about it

Im glad you found a good shop

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
so you had the guy build your car and tune it, it ran like garbage, and you still gave him 5300 bucks? i'd say you're a little SOL...

warpd

Established Member
Man I don't know why you wouldn't have just taken it to MPH to begin with given Tim's reputation. But yea I think you are just gonna be SOL...

SN8KBYTE

Established Member
so you had the guy build your car and tune it, it ran like garbage, and you still gave him 5300 bucks? i'd say you're a little SOL...

When I say garbage I mean that it would occasionally stall at stop signs, buck and jerk at low speeds, stuff like that. They told me I would have small driveability problems and also blamed the stock procharger bypass. That is why I changed it out. Needless to say the guy gave me 608 rwhp dyno sheet for a car taht was not even making close to that hp.:nonono:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
When I say garbage I mean that it would occasionally stall at stop signs, buck and jerk at low speeds, stuff like that. They told me I would have small driveability problems and also blamed the stock procharger bypass. That is why I changed it out. Needless to say the guy gave me 608 rwhp dyno sheet for a car taht was not even making close to that hp.:nonono:

yeah the dyno part is real shady...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I cant count how many times I had to deal with the same type of shit. . .good luck with that.

SN8KBYTE

Established Member
Man I don't know why you wouldn't have just taken it to MPH to begin with given Tim's reputation. But yea I think you are just gonna be SOL...

Well, I'm new to Georgia. I asked around and their name came up. I've always heard good things about MPH but didn't know they were so close to me. In fact, I didn't even know they were in this state. They would've been my first choice, no doubt!

SN8KBYTE

Established Member
Damn, how long has it been since you've had the car out from Higgins?

Probably 8 months or so. I never drive it. I work offshore for 3 straight weeks then I come home for my 3 weeks off but I rarely leave the house. My time home is very valuable because I'm never there. I hang with my kids that are home schooled, play ps3, watch tv, drink beer. That's about it. God my life sucks. Also I have a Toyota Sequoia and an 89 Daytona Shelby. I've had the stang 4 1/2 years and put maybe 10,000 miles on it.:shrug:

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Probably 8 months or so. I never drive it. I work offshore for 3 straight weeks then I come home for my 3 weeks off but I rarely leave the house. My time home is very valuable because I'm never there. I hang with my kids that are home schooled, play ps3, watch tv, drink beer. That's about it. God my life sucks. Also I have a Toyota Sequoia and an 89 Daytona Shelby. I've had the stang 4 1/2 years and put maybe 10,000 miles on it.:shrug:

Funny thing is my brother works at Best Buy in Douglasville and he works with the owner's daughter. He was trying to get me to take my car there, but I used a shop in Kennesaw.

SN8KBYTE

Established Member
so how much des mph charge for a tune? im looking to have mine tuned this weekend and thats only about 4 hrs away

I didn't ask. I said just fix it. He's seems pretty reasonable and very honest. I'd pay more just knowing that. The cheapest is not always the best nor is the most expensive as you can see from my situation. Give Tim a call 770-591-0000.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
couple things.

1. 550rwhp with 20psi? You're about 75rwhp short
2. I think you're gonna have a hard time proving anything.

sucks that it happened, but its not the first time, and it won't be the last.

Users who are viewing this thread