you gotta laugh

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
A month ago just before my vacation I lost my keys while riding my bike. I needed to replace my cobra car key, my car alarm pager (100 bucks), my hyundai car key and a few other keys. I figured it would cost me almost 200 bucks. I said fug it, I'm going on vaca I'll do it when I get back.

I went on vacation and came back almost 3 weeks later. Since then I've been using my spare set. Today I get on my bike to ride to work. Foolishly I didn't zipper up my jacket all the way before I got onto the expressway. Well the 90mph winds managed to unzipper my jacket and toss my keys out of a zippered pocket. I got off the next exit to try to find them. I spotted them but there was no room to pull over and get them so I dropped by the state police station to grab a cop because I didn't want to die over 200 dollars worth of keys. I hopped in the cruiser and we go back to the scene. We were cruising about 10mph (on 93 during rush hour.. scary)in the left lane when I spotted them. He pulls over and grabs them. They looked like a can a worms. They were all destroyed but 2. Luckily I don't have to put an ignition in my hyundai or change the locks at my house, but I do need to replace everything else. The good news is the dealer can make me a new key, the bad news is they need the car. I figured I would have to tow it in when I realized I can disable pats with my SCT racers package!! YES, SCT saved the day.

I guess the moral of the story is.. Put your keys in a very safe place when riding, I am an idiot, and don't procrastinate.

Mystic1199

Established Member
ok let me get this striaght , u lost your first set of keys .... then when u were going to work u lost your 2nd set but found them ??mike when riding all u need is your house keys separte them ... there is no need to be bringing cobra ,hynudai , your g/f's ,daves , mine and everyone else's keys with you..... lol .... hit me up tonight i am going riding with a few people if u want to go but this time just bring your house key and bike key :lol: :lol:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
When I ride to work I have to carry my work keys and my gfs house key a minimum. I f'd up.

I'll call you in a little while. I'm going for a ride to lynn because I need to drop by my work for a few minutes. I'll be around all day today.

Users who are viewing this thread