You all will not believe what you can do with your Focus'

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Saw it on TV Today on the speed channel....

You can take any Focus, swap the motor for ANY small block V8, convert to RWD and smoke anyone. The one on TV had the DOHC 2001 Cobra motor and magnaflow exhaust, RWD and sounded amazing. I bet it would smoke any F body if it could grip. Im sure its not cheep to do this but oh man.

If I had some spare change laying around, I would buy a black SVT Focus and swap motors and drive type, keep the body stock and just smoke everyone.

NOW THAT IS A SLEEPER!!!

Did anyone see this program on the speed channel? It was some import show, I was bored. They said the kit is availible on the west coast....where at, does anyone know???

How about an 03 Cobra motor in a focus??? DAMN
Do some suspension mods to make it grip and you have a fast little car.

Last edited:

svo_dave

Established Member
I believe ford racing sells the kit. I am thinking of buying it, but I will through in a 2.3 four banger instead of a heavy v8.

svo_dave

Established Member
It is focus specific, and I believe prices range depending on what engine you want, not sure how much bare kit without engine costs. A google search should tell you everything you want to know

quivvy

Whaaaaack.....
Established Member
anyone got any prices? do all the kits swap in a v-8 and convert it to RWD or do only some convert it to RWD? id be curious to see some performance specs of them. and would ford void waranty if u put in another ford engine?

bubba

Established Member
Originally posted by quivvy
anyone got any prices? do all the kits swap in a v-8 and convert it to RWD or do only some convert it to RWD? id be curious to see some performance specs of them. and would ford void waranty if u put in another ford engine?
I can imagine that conversation:
"I think my engine is sick"
" why do you say that?"
::shows svt manager 03cobra motors piston::"this came trough the oil pan at about 200mph"
" that is not a focus piston!"
"no, but it is an svt piston. Will you replace the engine, since it is still under warranty and it is an SVT engine? Just as a side note, this engine pulled very strong until redline in 6th. good job."
" Why were you even going that fast? and are you kidding?"
"I was humiliating a guy in front ofhis girlfriend in a viper, well until the engine blew."

cmezip

Established Member
Originally posted by svo_dave
I believe ford racing sells the kit. I am thinking of buying it, but I will through in a 2.3 four banger instead of a heavy v8.
I have handled quite a few of those 2.3's and they aren't light? you 2.3 guys crack me up :bash: I don't get it? hell I would do the 2.0 liter thats in the car just for the RWD

Users who are viewing this thread