Yokohama AVES100?

Ultimate CC

Established Member
Has anyone run yokohama aves100 on their cobra. I had them on my wrx and loved them and for $520 for 4 275/40/17 tires is pretty cheap. Just wondering if anyone has any comments about these tires.

Dan

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
I've got a set on my wife's Taurus wgn. Yes, I know different vehicle, different size. However, tread and ratings are the same. So, here goes: It has been a good summer tire (use snows on the original rims for winter) -- with good feel on cornering -- good in wet weather -- have worn well so far. They didn't take a lot of weight to balance, and sealed well to the rims. On the highway, they are quiet with no noticable noise. Traveling the PA pike between DC and Cleveland it gets pushed hard, and they hold their own.

Fred

Bingo13

Established Member
At that price range the Cooper Zeon 2XS and Falken FK451 are a better tire on this car.

Traffic_Cone

Established Member
Have these tires all around and IMO the only thing there good for is driving in the rain but other then that I have no other reason to buy these tires because they hook poorly in every other condition especially in the cold.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I got them on my cobra. I got them because I was driving cross-country and balded the original eagles when I got stuck in the snow and spun them trying to get out. The es100s were the best thing discount tire had short of some $300 a piece michelins. I paid like $127 each. They spin easy, but are quiet, good in the wet, and good grip around turns. At least as good as the eagles, which arent that great to begin with. For the price I can't complain but I would get something else next time.

03reptile

Established Member
I took mine off at about 70% worn. They are not an all season tire and do poorly in cold weather even on dry pavement. They were also increasingly noisy as they wore and this is the main reason I took them off. I replaced them with Yoko AVS db S2's and they are far superior. They are extremely quiet, are an all season tire, and have a higher tread wear factor. I would stongly recommend them for anyone who lives where temps get below 50 in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread