yokohama ad08r?

cw1371

Established Member
I currently purchased a set of forgestar f14's in 19x9.5 and 19x11 and have been trying to decide on which tires would be best for autox, open track and some street use, well probably a lot of street use. I've had a bit of a struggle finding tires that are properly sized as id like to run a 275 tire up front and a 305 tire out back. I was almost sold on getting a set of nitto nt05's and just dealing with the close to an inch overall tire diameter difference, then I found the yokohama ad08r comes in a 275/35 and a 305/30 that are both close to 26 1/2 inches in overall diameter. I have zero knowledge of the yoko ad08r though. Has anyone any knowledge that they could share on how these tires perform and how tread wear is compared to an nt05? Any advice on this would be much appreciated

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Yokohama AD08R would be an excellent autocross tire. These have a 180 UTGQ and will grip really well at the track. You could use them on the street as well but with that low of a treadware rating they may not last very long for you.

What tires have you run in the past and how did you like them? What year and model Mustang do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:

cw1371

Established Member
I have a 2014 gt/cs with maximum motorsport springs, caster camber plates and panhard with koni yellows and eibach swaybars. Ive run the nitto nt555 a lot in the past on my 06 gt and on my 90 notch. They were a good all around tire also. If I get 8k-10k miles with a few track days and autox I'll be happy

Users who are viewing this thread