Yoko ES100..20K plus experience

03reptile

Established Member
Have had the Yokos now for about a year. I like their look and the way they handle if the temp is above 70. Unfortunately I'm in Md and this winter they have been awful when it is below 50. They simply break lose even at higher speeds on hard acceleration. Also they are now very noisy at normal speeds. It is intrusive into the cabin and I'm not too happy with them. I don't think I'll be buying s second set. They are obviously a hot summer tire only and ill prepared for cool weather. Thought I'd throw this info out if some of you are cosidering the ES100s. If you are in a cold weather area, think twice.

03reptile

Established Member
Well, I have now dumped the ES100s as they were increasingly noisy. Replaced them with a set of Yokohama AVS db S2's. What a difference!!! They are markedly quieter than the ES100s and they don't hunt and dart over uneven roads. They have a higher tread wear factor to boot. They are also designated as an all weather tire, so the cold weather next winter should have much less adverse effect on thier adhesion abilities. I'm very pleased with them and hopefully they'll last until I trade for the Shelby GT500 Cobra next year. Incidently, four wheel alignments for our cars about every 8 months is very advisable. Mine was out just a little which didn't help the ES100s as they had cupped a little on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread