Yoke for T56 Magnum

IllCobra

Established Member
Curious what 31 spline yoke you guys running a T56 Magnum are using? These are the ones I have my eyes on but don't know the difference between them. Is there a preferred one over the others?

I am going to be making around the low to mid 700whp range when I go E85 in a few months, and plan on making mid 800whp when I upgrade the blower next year or so. So something that can handle that power would be great. But I assume the material type has more to do with how well it can grip without damaging/wearing out the splines?

olympic

Established Member
I used the Strange U1669. It's chromoly and about as strong as you can get.

Match it up with some quality forged U-joints.

The Strange pinion yoke fits our cars and eliminates the crappy stock yoke.

Or you can order a custom shaft from these guys, built with parts similar to the above, ready to bolt in.

IllCobra

Established Member

Or you can order a custom shaft from these guys, built with parts similar to the above, ready to bolt in.

man, you went all out. But what's the benefit of going with chromoly over cast steel? I would think chromoly would be the way to go if one was making very high hp

03' White Snake

Established Member
I run a Sonnax T3-3-2491HP yoke on mine. Making mid 800 hp for years without problems.

I would definitely look at chromoly not cast yokes.

olympic

Established Member
man, you went all out. But what's the benefit of going with chromoly over cast steel? I would think chromoly would be the way to go if one was making very high hp

Buy once, cry once. The driveshaft is not something you want to fail on a 140mph pass. Plus 700-800whp is a lot of power. It's just that 1000+hp builds are so common now we're becoming a bit numb to it.

MG0h3

Established Member

Still running an aluminum shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IllCobra

Established Member
Ok, is nodular iron just as strong as chromoly? I found this piece made of nodular iron, and given it's price tag I would think it is up there in strength... Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry forgot to include the link:

American Powertrain DSUN-10000 - American Powertrain Transmission Yokes​

Last edited:

olympic

Established Member
Ok, is nodular iron just as strong as chromoly? I found this piece made of nodular iron, and given it's price tag I would think it is up there in strength... Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry forgot to include the link:

American Powertrain DSUN-10000 - American Powertrain Transmission Yokes​

Nodular iron is still cast iron but with higher quality metal used. It would be stronger than stock but for that price chromoly is the better option.

IllCobra

Established Member
Just found a Nodular Iron yoke on Lethal Performance for much cheaper!

If Lethal didn't charge $20+ to ship it would be a no brainer, but for 50 extra dollars, I'll just get the Sonnax chromoly yoke and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread