YLYCYOT's MMR Pro-Mod headed out the door! A big thank you for his patience! pics>>

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
Man looks killer I wanna see this bad boy make a pass. When is the projected completed date?
Not sure yet on completion but I have most of the parts to get it running. Hopefully in the next 2 months it will be complete and dragging some ass!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
working on a car for 24+ hours strait is easy unless you are troubleshooting a electrical issue then it sucks. key is to have food ready to eat and beer on tap.

Screamin363

Established Member
You boys don't know....
Me an BJ will knock this out in a day if all parts are there.

Motor shipped and recieved yet?

Waiting on CPR if motor is here.

Lets get a move on!

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Why didnt you have the water jackets welded while it was being built?
if your going for big number, it will help the block survive.

CPRsm

You boys don't know....
Me an BJ will knock this out in a day if all parts are there.

Motor shipped and recieved yet?

Waiting on CPR if motor is here.

Lets get a move on!

Workin' on it son!!
image-68.jpg

The engine is waiting for pick up. Saw there when picking up another promod 1500 today. :rockon:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Why didnt you have the water jackets welded while it was being built?
if your going for big number, it will help the block survive.

Coming from a company who has made FAR more power than ANYONE with a coyote we need to remind people that this does not do anything to strengthen the block.

Building a frame or strut around an egg does not make it any stronger, the key is to make the egg shell stronger (the sleeve), Ford Racing already tried the strut support method which failed miserably. Bottom line is that welding a block or adding a junk of metal at the top of the cylinder does nothing, the rest of the bore is still unsupported and will still crack. The thick MMR sleeve is the key and proven to handle over double what the "band aid" versions are handling. Its sad that other companies are trying to sell this!

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
Coming from a company who has made FAR more power than ANYONE with a coyote we need to remind people that this does not do anything to strengthen the block.

Building a frame or strut around an egg does not make it any stronger, the key is to make the egg shell stronger (the sleeve), Ford Racing already tried the strut support method which failed miserably. Bottom line is that welding a block or adding a junk of metal at the top of the cylinder does nothing, the rest of the bore is still unsupported and will still crack. The thick MMR sleeve is the key and proven to handle over double what the "band aid" versions are handling. Its sad that other companies are trying to sell this!

Thick sleeve, interesting. The last pictures I saw, the sleeves are much thinner than what is available from Darton or the latest LA sleeve. :shrug:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
This is going to be sick.

YLYCYOT, you need to come down to Dallas after the build is done and put some hurt on a few of the DFW cars rolling around that think they are big and mighty.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thick sleeve, interesting. The last pictures I saw, the sleeves are much thinner than what is available from Darton or the latest LA sleeve. :shrug:

Our reference was in regards to the stock sleeve vs. the MMR sleeve.

I am sure the other sleeves you have mentioned are going to be great, but none of them are proven up to 2000+ HP like the MMR sleeve.

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
This is going to be sick.

YLYCYOT, you need to come down to Dallas after the build is done and put some hurt on a few of the DFW cars rolling around that think they are big and mighty.
Thanks man! I hope it turns out like I expect.

After I bust some ass here in Okc I might have to venture down there!

Users who are viewing this thread