Yeti Cooler Hook Ups?

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Anybody have a hookup for Yeti Coolers? I keep hearing online that they are significantly discounted at cost. Anybody have or know a dealer hookup? These things ain't cheap!

B0B

Established Member
Anybody have a hookup for Yeti Coolers? I keep hearing online that they are significantly discounted at cost. Anybody have or know a dealer hookup? These things ain't cheap!

Big money, but worth every penny. My brother used to work at a sporting goods store. They had Yeti's and Pelican's. We ended up getting a Pelican because they are a little better quality, and they have locking lids with better hinges. He ended up getting one for about $100 cheaper than the online price. They will hold Ice for over a week, great for camping and fishing. Its gonna be hard to get a good deal unless you find a hook up locally. Those things will cost some money to ship due to the size.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Big money, but worth every penny. My brother used to work at a sporting goods store. They had Yeti's and Pelican's. We ended up getting a Pelican because they are a little better quality, and they have locking lids with better hinges. He ended up getting one for about $100 cheaper than the online price. They will hold Ice for over a week, great for camping and fishing. Its gonna be hard to get a good deal unless you find a hook up locally. Those things will cost some money to ship due to the size.

Very true. I'm actually really torn right now between the Yeti & Pelican. The Yeti is lighter, but more expensive and an Austin based brand (which I try to support). The pelican is heavier, but I do like the latches, cheaper price, and my local Costco has them. IDK what to do!

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Can't help with a hookup on price but I ordered my 95 qt pelican through amazon. Iirc I paid 380 for it but I may be wrong. My friend bought a yeti around the same time and after seeing my pelican in person said he wished he had gotten one instead.
20130910_184409.jpg

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I was looking at a yeti myself, but went with the Pelican off of eBay cheaper price and free shipping. It is heavy and well built. Good solid latches and a place to put a lock on it. I was impressed with it.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Problem is I can go but a $40 5 day Coleman. Lasts me several several years. I have keys to a 500 pound daily ice machine. And I don't have to worry about someone stealing my $400 cooler.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Problem is I can go but a $40 5 day Coleman. Lasts me several several years. I have keys to a 500 pound daily ice machine. And I don't have to worry about someone stealing my $400 cooler.

How is any of what you just posted constructive or relevant to the op? I've had ice in my pelican last for two weeks.... (it was shut the whole time though)

BlackOutUT

Established Member
How is any of what you just posted constructive or relevant to the op? I've had ice in my pelican last for two weeks.... (it was shut the whole time though)

His argument is from side of people who just don't see the point. The high dollar coolers are somewhat of a novelty. But just like everything else, there is a convenience factor. I will probably rarely ever need a cooler to hold ice for 7 days. But for endless activities in 100 plus weather, there is nothing better.

I am a huge fan of the yetis though. I used to work for a catering company in Austin and that's all they would use. They truly are incredible. I think now the market has really caught up though.

I think I'm going to pick up a Pelican from costco and see what I think. They re return policy is so good I can take it back if I end up regretting it. The price of the Pelican is hard to beat, regardless of its weight and other flaws.

I'm really looking at getting one of these for my dad. This is something he would never buy for himself but would treasure until the day he dies.

The main factor I'm not liking for him is the weight of the Pelican. Even though it's not too much more than the yeti, that can make a big difference.

I will let everyone know what I think of the Pelican. I used the yeti on almost a daily basis and I don't think their design has changed much since then.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
pelican got my money after a few experiences with them, ARB and Yeti.

all great products but the tougher pelican won the debate

Equalbracket

Established Member
I don't have a yeti cooler, or anything constructive to add, but i'm always rocking my yeti hat and I have yeti stickers everywhere...jk.

I have a commercial ice machine, well worth the investment if you boat/camp/hunt a lot. Frozen water is so damn expensive. It's paid for itself 10 fold. Everyone comes to me for ice.

Last edited:

george.arnold

Established Member
I'm really looking at getting one of these for my dad. This is something he would never buy for himself but would treasure until the day he dies.

The main factor I'm not liking for him is the weight of the Pelican. Even though it's not too much more than the yeti, that can make a big difference.

I've got a Roadie and I got my Dad a Tundra 65 a few years ago for his birthday. He is so proud of that thing and we use and abuse it. Well worth the money.

YJSONLY

Established Member

Just like I said. I can't justify spending $400+ on a cooler that could be taken out of a truck very easy. When I can go get a Coleman 5 day that will do great 4-5days in this Florida sun. And I have access to a ice machine daily.

george.arnold

Established Member
I have a buddy in town that was pledge brothers with a Yeti salesman. For a few years he was getting Yetis for a hell of a deal, but in the past year that has slowed down. Not sure if its just that guy slowing down on the hookups, or Yeti cracking down, but it has definitely come to a halt.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I look at a Yeti cooler the same as I do a diesel truck, they're great if you have a use for them. Otherwise, the money you save on a lesser cooler can buy a lot of ice. That said, I've been using a Yeti and it's really nice. I miss the extra interior space of my old el'cheapo 48 qt Coleman.

Users who are viewing this thread