Yet another Predator ? (a stupid one...)

Sonic03svt

Established Member
Sorry for the ignorance, but I just want to be sure...

I had a tuner send me a custom tune, and in that tune, the boost bypass was turned off. By doing this, does this mean that I don't have to do the "free boost bypass" mod?

The only reason that I'm asking, is because isn't the boost controlled mechanically and not electrically? If it's controlled mechanically (psi), then how can it be "turned off"?

Again, sorry if this was a dumb question, but I had to ask.

Thanks in advance.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
That is my take on this it probably disables the bypass solenoid, I already had done the mod first week I had the car. But mine is now off along with torque management and no speed limiter etc. etc.

BenD

Established Member
Leave it hooked up

With the Boost by-pass disabled the SC generates even more heat. Probably not a significant issue drag racing, but it sure the hell is if you are Road Racing!

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I just got home and got around to reading my mail etc. After reading the above post I went outside started the 03 up and definately the boost bypass actuator is still open at idle and crusing rpms. The blower really whines when you unhook the vacuum line to actuator even at idle. So even electronically it still works under normal cruising conditions. I ran it up to about 1.7k the bypass was still open, it must be based upon load tables or something if it is open or closed, ie boost or no boost.

Sonic03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by 69gt4speed
I just got home and got around to reading my mail etc. After reading the above post I went outside started the 03 up and definately the boost bypass actuator is still open at idle and crusing rpms. The blower really whines when you unhook the vacuum line to actuator even at idle. So even electronically it still works under normal cruising conditions. I ran it up to about 1.7k the bypass was still open, it must be based upon load tables or something if it is open or closed, ie boost or no boost.

I think that I just might have to do the boost by-pass mod and see if it makes any difference at all.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread