Yes or no: my '03 Cobra has bad vibration at > 80 mph

Major vibration or other issue with your '03 Cobra?

• Yep, major vibration at certain speeds

Votes: 293 31.7%
  • No vibration problem

Votes: 362 39.2%
  • Have other major issue

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • No issues at all: car is a gem

Votes: 246 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
my grinding sound on startup, head tick and throw out bearing noise are all pretty bad but she's ROCK SOILD all the way into tripple digits!! Stock suspension except for irs bushings and the rear wheels were realigned after half shafts.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Personally I think the vibration is caused by the tires. I might be mistaken but they are balanced at 55 MPH so I would think that the heat generated by excessive speed would temporarily change the tire structure so as to mae the balancing weights ineffective.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
Personally I think the vibration is caused by the tires. I might be mistaken but they are balanced at 55 MPH so I would think that the heat generated by excessive speed would temporarily change the tire structure so as to mae the balancing weights ineffective.

Thoughts?

They come with Z rated tires, so with high speed tires I don't think that should be the cause.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
firemanmike said:
They come with Z rated tires, so with high speed tires I don't think that should be the cause.

I thought Z rated means the tire can withstand high speed without shedding the cap....it still heats up and can warp while it is rolling. The balance weights would seem not to work entirely correctly then.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
I just had my new tires put on and rebalanced and the car is PERFECT now! I originally had the stick-on weights and they were flung off. So everything was off balance. Now the car feels brand new!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread