Yes it's another oil separator question.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
I tried using the search feature but only came up on one thread and it did not answer my question. I purchased an oil separator kit from jegs and it came with 3/8" hose and there is no way that is gonna fit over the connecting fittings on the OEM PCV return line or the inlet tubes on either side of the engine. The hose will fit the two 3/8" nipples that came with the filter though. I found this write up Oil-Seperator-Installation on the separator install and he apparently used 1/2" I.D hose so I went out and bought some 1/2" I.D power steering hose (resists high pressure and heat) but I still can not get the hose to go all the way into the inlet tubes or the connecting fittings on the OEM PCV return line. I tried heating the hose to make it easier to work with but no luck. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I got all I needed at Lowe's (the Kobalt blue even matched my mach. LOL).

1/4" NPT connectors, 1/4" couplings (they used to have a variety kit), Air Compressor filter, and 3/8" goodyear hose and screw clamps from Kragen.....I was good to go. It looked quite clean and nice under the hood actually. I may be recalling my sizes wrong, as it was almost 2 yrs ago, but that's how I remember it.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
whats this do?

Prevents excess oil from getting into upper and air intake....drivers side, psgr side respectively.

In FI applications, it's a good idea. Too much oil is a 'blow by issue' with a 'blow by' setup.

Too much info, I'm sure.:lol1:

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
Got this one on ebay
100_0649.jpg

100_0648.jpg
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread