YES!!! I am officialy Mr. Rice!!!!

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I installed the Greddy RS BOV/BPV today. I thought I would try it as a BOV first. It is interchangeable as a Bypass valve too. Comes with an adapter to recerculate the air. It is loud with this cool Blow off sound between gears and after reving. Thought I would share.
2305927_11_full.jpg

Mach0ne351

Established Member
i drove a GT with a procharger, with BOV....LOVED IT!!! i sooo want one when i get a procharger!!! lovvvvveeed it!

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
I wish I had the money for a supercharger just so I could have one of those..

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
A budy of mine had a Vorteched '95 GT w/ a recirculating bov. I always thought that was pretty good idea frankly. Every now and then the ricers come up w/ a descent idea, it's when they put stuff like this on an n/a car that you just want smack 'em!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Just be carefull dumping to atmosphere if the car isn't setup for that specificaly.

If it's a blow-through MAF setup you're fine but if it's draw through, you just vented air to atmosphere that your computer thinks is still headed for the engine. This creates a momentary rich (extreme) condition as the throttle butterflies close. This can create carbon deposits on the piston tops that heat up and promote detonation. Not particularly a good thing, especially on stock internals.

just an FYI. Looks good under the hood though.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
A blow-off valve and bypass valve perform the same function but a blow-off valve doesn't become a bypass valve just because you recirculate it.

A bypass valve bypasses air continously as long as it has vacuum applied to it. A blow-off valve does not.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
This model does that. I adjust the screw at the top and change the outlet to use as a bypass valve. I can run it as a BOV by turning the top screw to keep the valve from being open all the time or I can use it how it is set up now. Vent to atmosphere with valve only closed under boost. It fits all needs. Pretty cool.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Curious myself. I have a procharger on my GT and I can hit the gas and let off and it will vent simular to a turbo. Not sure the difference though between the two-Shane

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Sound clip comeing. Just waiting for the rain to stop. Been raining for a week straight. Shoot seattle has better weather then the North East lately.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
sound clip

You can hear the loud whistle after the rev. Its not all that loud. When I come off actual boost it is WAY LOUD!!! Just imagine that whistle after 9 psi. Its very loud. Cant wait untill someone Blows at me. I can blow right back.

Users who are viewing this thread