Yes folks, I am a big dumb animal.

MY DREAM

Established Member
What about a 315 Goodyear GS D-3 or a Khumo exta mx in a 315. I want to go as wide as I can with my stock rims.

Tedisky

Need more Money!!!!!
Established Member
What about a 315 Goodyear GS D-3 or a Khumo exta mx in a 315. I want to go as wide as I can with my stock rims.

I'm pretty sure the Goodyears won't fit on a 9" wide rim. I have some mounted on a 10.5" and they buldge a little. They do give me a 12.75" contact patch thou.:banana:

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i've got some bfg drag radials on a spare set of fr500 wheels. i can swap them out with my KDW II's if i make a road trip or just for daily driving, at least that was my plan when i bought them but i find myself leaving the drag radials on all the time because the traction is so much more fun.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The only reason that I didn't go with the BFG DR's is because I needed these for the street mainly. I may go with som M/T ET Streets for the track days. The BFG's just did not have the street tread that I was looking for.

-Jeff

SVT04

Established Member
The only reason that I didn't go with the BFG DR's is because I needed these for the street mainly. I may go with som M/T ET Streets for the track days. The BFG's just did not have the street tread that I was looking for.

-Jeff

I think that street tread is pretty shallow and will go away quickly....

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
You could really get 10k miles out of the Nitto's if you don't do burnouts and such on them. I had Nitto's for about 4k miles and they were starting to get worn out. But I probably made 50-60 track passes with them along with some street driving so no compliants from me.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I only got about 8K miles out of my GSD3's because I couldn't pull out of my driveway without turning them over at my current power level. When I had the Eaton and was at 445/465 they were great. I expect that the fact that these are much harder to spin will get me more or at least the same miles out of them.

-Jeff

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I only got about 8K miles out of my GSD3's because I couldn't pull out of my driveway without turning them over at my current power level. When I had the Eaton and was at 445/465 they were great. I expect that the fact that these are much harder to spin will get me more or at least the same miles out of them.

-Jeff

Congrats on your new found traction :), my nitto's lasted between 7-8k, @ a yr for me(was only pullied then). I am now trying a set of street tires (97 bucks each) but with the power Im making now, nittos are the way to go even at almost double the money:thumbsup:, nittos are going back on once I have fun burning up my superhomo's . The only thing Im not crazy about is nitto's undersizing , my superhomo's fit like a factory tire on my 11 inch rims, the nitto's were a little stretched., but a great tire none the less. If only nitto would make an undersized 335 :burnout:
Rob

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I agree on the width. The 315 nittos are a lot wider appearing on the 10.5" wheel than the 9" stock wheels that I have seen them on.

-Jeff

wwmost

Established Member
man i know what you mean. i had nittos on my old 03 cobras then i bought my 18in saleens an put some street tires on them..... long story short i just ordered some nittos about an hour ago. i think they are the best daily driving drag radial out there. not the best traction out of all of them but they sure do last the longest. ive owned bfg's also. they hook better but i like the nittos more all around.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Here are a couple shots of the rear.

204918.jpg

204919.jpg

204920.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have the Lethal Performance 3/8" spacers on the rear, and the IRS bolts are shaved. I could probably get by without the spacers now because the Nitto tires are not as wide as the GSD3's, but I like the look of this stance.

-Jeff

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Wow those look great. I just finished off the 315's 555R's on my stock wheels and went with a 275. And yes, it feels so much better when you go instead of spin!!! Just get someone that can handle the car to drive with you riding shotgun...your head will spin!

Users who are viewing this thread