Yes folks, I am a big dumb animal.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have put off going with a set of Drag radials for far to long. I finally broke down and bought a set of Nitto 315/35/17's from Lethalperformance and had them installed today. All I can say it wow, the difference is so much more than I thought it would be! 1st gear is still almost useless, however it does start to hook in the upper rpms and I can get it to hook if I feather into the throttle just right from a dig. But, on the 2nd gear shift the ass end of my cobra slams to the ground and just hooks. It feels like I am being wound up like a rubber band. Before now, with just the 315 GS-D3's I would blowing the tires off completely all of the way through the first three gears. Now I am having fun. I just wish that I had done this sooner. This is also with 28 psi in the tires, and has made me rethink my decision to sell the cobra and buy a new C6 or M3 for the time being.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They are on the 17 X 10.5's that my GSD3's were on.

-Jeff

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
congrats! nittos are awsome. i have 275's on mine and i LOVE them. now i feel more confident when i'm at a stop light. i can't wait to get 315's

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Well fellas, now that I have the drag radials I am going to now officially change the name of my car from Medusa to Chuck Norris.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Nah, the stock shafts are fine. No wheel hop, and they have held up very fine for me so far. And if I break one, I will just buy another stock shaft. I can do that about 8 times for the cost of a set of level 5's. The second gear shift now makes my car feel like a rubber band. The tires just hook, and I then pee myself a little bit. :)

-Jeff

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
and has made me rethink my decision to sell the cobra and buy a new C6 or M3 for the time being.
-Jeff

I think something like that would get you banned?:lol: I'm getting ready to do tires and can't wait! Are you planning on running it any at the strip?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yes. We only have an 1/8 mile strip close by, but I will try to get to it this spring when it opens (if it opens. I also plan on going to some FFW events this year.

-Jeff

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Good to hear Jeff... those nitto's are good for street driving. I had them on for a while, but got rid of them cause I wanted to do some autocrossing with the Faulken's instead.

I think I may just use the Faulken's for my open tracking and autocrossing, use some M/T ET Street radials for the drag strip, and some Nitto 555R's for daily driving/cruising.

Get some M/T's when you go to the strip... that will be even more fun as the Nitto's will be hard to launch on especially for your hp level. Even at where my car is at, the Nitto's hook ok at the track, but nothing like M/T's.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
i cant complain about nitto's i got some even though everyone said they where sh*t but i dont think 1.7x 60's are so bad..:shrug::) i air them down to about 15 psi do a good 5-10 sec burnout and hold on

*NOTE* 90% chance they wont hook from a 4500 dump but e/t's will, and i have broken a half shaft while they where spinning when i lauched with no hop

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I will try to snap some pics this weekend or sooner if I get a chance. The do look good.

-Jeff

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Stock rims are 17x9 and yes 315 DRs will fit. They will bow a bit but I never had a problem.

I think its worth clarifying that 315 Nittos will fit on the stock 9" rim, but when you get into wider 315's (MT, BFG, etc.), there would be some potential issues. Having a huge tire on a 9" is useless in my mind because the whole tire isn't contacting the road surface - hence you really aren't picking up any traction.

Users who are viewing this thread