Yes another set of springs on the Boss

cobra1718

Established Member
After this I am done. I have gone through three sets of springs in three months. First was the Steeda Boss springs, second the Eibach prokit. Neither gave me the drop that I desired. I have finally found the right springs that I can stay with. To other Boss owners save some money and go ahead a install the Eibach Sportlines. Best stance of the three that have been installed. Probably will get a panhard bar in the future but really can go without. Here are a couple pics done by the phone late today.

photo.jpg

sportline.gif

bossls690

Established Member
Eibach Sportlines

Very nice love the look any other parts needed to be installed to have the front end alignment

bossls690

Established Member
Eibach Sportlines

Are those the svt rims 19s and 20s in the rear

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Since you've had four sets of springs on your car can you compare the stock springs to the three aftermarket springs with ride, body roll and brake dive? My understanding is the Pro-Kit and Sportline springs are the same rates with the Sportlines having a larger drop. Also aren't the Ford racing springs the same as Eibach?
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]M-5300-P[/FONT] = Pro-Kit
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]M-5300-K[/FONT] = Sportline

I'd really like to decrease the body roll and brake dive on the track.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Since you've had four sets of springs on your car can you compare the stock springs to the three aftermarket springs with ride, body roll and brake dive? My understanding is the Pro-Kit and Sportline springs are the same rates with the Sportlines having a larger drop. Also aren't the Ford racing springs the same as Eibach?
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]M-5300-P[/FONT] = Pro-Kit
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]M-5300-K[/FONT] = Sportline

I'd really like to decrease the body roll and brake dive on the track.

Rick, stiffer springs and reduced suspension travel will decrease the body roll and weight transfer.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
i am all about the functionality of the car. in today's racing/performance road course driving, handling is all about springs and shocks. mess with your springs and you mess with the basic set up of the car.

stiffer can be better, but not necessarily. have you tracked the car on any of these spring set ups?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
i am all about the functionality of the car. in today's racing/performance road course driving, handling is all about springs and shocks. mess with your springs and you mess with the basic set up of the car.

stiffer can be better, but not necessarily. have you tracked the car on any of these spring set ups?
Yep and it's why I've been patiently waiting for the FR Boss track springs. Not sure if they are going to happen so I'm looking for feedback on the FR/Eibach springs. The M-5300-P/K springs are sold in their track pack and work well on other Mustangs so they should be fine on the Boss. Some feedback on them would be nice to have.

cobra1718

Established Member

going to track it at the svt superfest. I am a novice. First track day with the Boss so we will see how this works out.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
when i had sportlines on my 2010 they rode rough and give it that raked look....i cant believe your not using a panhard bar your rear is probably 1/34 out of align...

cobra1718

Established Member
when i had sportlines on my 2010 they rode rough and give it that raked look....i cant believe your not using a panhard bar your rear is probably 1/34 out of align...
they dont ride any rougher than the prokit and the rear is not out that much

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
How about a set of the Brembo50.com Rear Springs???? Are they making a Boss specific Spring??? The have all of the Spring Specs listed there

cloud9

Established Member

I agree, that's why I went with the full 302S suspension (exception being springs/shocks vs coilovers) that has been tested as a system on the track. So far it's an unbelievable package on the street, and I'll get back on the track in about 12 days to dial it in there. I set it up the way Ford Racing dialed it in during their testing, but will adjust as necessary.

Last edited:

300AGT

Established Member
With that big of a drop in the back of the car you mite want to put some reloction brackets on the rear end to reset the rear lower control arm angle. Here a pic of the Boss 302s with them stock from ford .
fordmustangboss30214.jpg

cloud9

Established Member
That looks just like my setup ;) You should try moving the LCA up to the top hole in the relo bracket. I was told that's the better option and the one most of the teams are using.

cobra1718

Established Member
With that big of a drop in the back of the car you mite want to put some reloction brackets on the rear end to reset the rear lower control arm angle. Here a pic of the Boss 302s with them stock from ford
So where did you get your relocation brackets. So these will help on the road course?

Users who are viewing this thread