Yep, that'd make my sphincter clinch up a bit...

Kartracer

Established Member
At first I was mad at him for driving with one hand. Then I was like ohhhh...
But you're right that would tighten the old sphincter.

kwkshift

Established Member
I think he was driving with one hand because it looks like his right hand/arm is messed up. Possible nerve damage or something. (?)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was scary as hell for the driver, for sure. I give him a lot of credit for driving that well with one usable arm.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The rear kicked out a little after the right rear clipped the curb. I wouldn't call that losing control.

I understand the engineers wanting to make sure the owners of their cars are safe in a collision and bravo for doing so. But that's a bit too conservative, especially for driving on a closed course.

Should there be a race mode that also retune's air bag deployment? I think that would be a great idea.

Lexus just had a recall for the LX and GX SUV air bag computer. If you were off road and over a certain lateral angle, shut the truck off then got back in and restarted, there was a potential for the roll curtain airbags to deploy on Key on. A bit too... conservative lol

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Read it again, couldn't see all the facts due to pop-ups taking over my screen the first time.
No disrespect here for a guy having some fun. Kudos to him.
Luckily he wasn't hurt more from the bag going off!

Black2010

Established Member
Pops to him for driving that well with only one usable arm.

He did break the tires loose but it looks like it could have been savable if the airbag didn't go off which made him lose more control.

I thought they only came out in a side impact or in a row. Neither of which seemed to be the case here.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
to be fair...he was losing it

Yup, he was already sideways...bet the front and rear sensors detected the change from the lateral slide to the sudden upward momentum shift and deployed. Not to mention the PDR kept showing the traction control icon popping up which makes me think he wasn’t in full face mode, though I can’t say from not owning one. I wonder if the modes adjust the sensitivity of the sensors to match the yaw control, dampening, etc?

ENV²

Established Member
He wouldn't have hit anything to make that bag go off. Stupid design by gm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Ehh.. I get why they went off but I think they should a have feature where you can turn off certain sensors when on a track. Kinda like the GTR

Users who are viewing this thread