Yep..nuts here..just bought a new Supercharged Saleen today

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Well...I did it....I traded in the convertible and bought the new supercharged saleen....what the heck. I am going to live it up. Well...atleast till the first payment is due..LOL......she is an awesome car. I am very happy :woot:

I will post up pics of her in the garage...dark out..didnt come out great.

Here are pics of her on the showroom floor.

saleen.jpg

HotRodHarry

Established Member
thanks buddy. I have a couple shot in the garage. But they are dark. I have to get them out of the camera. I will try later. Kinda feeling worse with this cold I have. Thanks again.

UrS4

Established Member
Congrats Harry,

and after all that lengthy discussion about keeping the vert and modding it some more.

Well I'm happy for ya, it should be a great car and I hear you can bump it up to 475 at the crank pretty easy from Saleen.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks and I know...I just had to have it. You only live once. Or so they say.
I know they can take some power... but I will let her break in first and go from there in time.
Here are a couple pics from in the garage
saleen3.jpg

saleen1.jpg

saleen2.jpg

saleen4.jpg

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Here are a few pics from today. I only had time to do these. I did have my buddy Nitrous Pete over with his new Saleen...my friend Glen with his 07 Z06 Vette...his son with my dads old 2006 stage 2 supercharged Roush and a modified 03 GT Convertible. The neighborhood was rumbling from some serious horsepower today. I will get those other pics up in a new thread tonight some time. A very nice day.....103 miles on the new ride so far...

saleen5.jpg

saleen6.jpg

saleen7.jpg

saleen8.jpg

saleen9.jpg

saleen10.jpg

saleen11.jpg

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Those are awsome cars, I love the body styling on them:thumbsup: I serouisly considered getting one myself but decided on my normal 06' GT in the process of modding it(buying whipple HO system tomorrow:D ) But then i am going to start pinching my pennies and start saving for c6 z06 love those new vettes:rockon: . But anyway sorry for rambiling that is an awsome car and hope you have tons of fun with it:burnout:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Good move Harry, I really like the Saleens, especially in that color!
I think of all the money I'd have if I wouldn't have owned so many cars over the years.................nahh, screw it I'd rather have the cars.

Lightningfr

Banned
those are such nice cars...congrats

i would of bought won if the insurance wasnt so much..

maybe one day
21 year old + saleen and you see $$$ in the eyes of the insurance company :(
so i bought an 04 L and 03svtF :lol: showed them!

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks gang....so far so good...I didnt sell her yet..LOL.

She is awesome. Trying to take her out every nice night after work..get some miles on her...like 150 so far......

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Congrats! Wow. Very sharp looking car. Out of all the tuners I love the Saleen, it just looks so mean!:mj:

Something told me that the GT wouldn't be around for too long. Hehe

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks man...I know. After I weighed my options in modding the GT auto convertible to where I wanted it. I said..what the heck...Supercharged Saleen please..manual trans...LOL

Dont let Saleen hear you say..Tuner..LOL. He is the only one to get OEM certification for the cars he makes. As they are Saleens and not hotrodded up Fords. He really takes pride in that they are his cars.

But to me....its one hot Ford Mustang ....LOL ...shhhhhh :)

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
I know im bringing up a old thread, but im just not feeling the taillight covers... is there a way to take thoes off and look alright with the black panel piece?

HotRodHarry

Established Member
No...then it wouldnt look like a Cuda back there...LOL
And then it wouldnt be a Saleen.

Its like taking the t bird tail lights out of the original Shelby Mustangs of the late 60's...people did it...but in time...bad move :)

My old neighbor has had a 67 Shelby since 1970. And back then...he took the lights out and put in 66 GTO tail lights. Was pretty cool back then...but boy is he kicking himself now.

A main common thread of design on the S281 Saleens of this body is the S7 supercar Saleen makes.

Everyone likes what they like...and thats why there are Roush Stangs..Shelbys...Steeda....Foose....AJ Foyt...Eleanor...California Specials ...etc......and Mustangs and Mustang GT's to mod as you want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread