Yellow speed limit signs?

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I've always wondered how the yellow signs for speed limits in turns and such are to be taken. Are they just a recommended speed in the turn? Or are they actually to be followed just like a white sign? :shrug:

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
i think they are the same as white signs, but they were set long ago whereas most cars nowadays can safely take those turns at higher speeds.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Well, that's what led me to wonder why they are set so low. If I slow down to the speed on the sign, it seems like it is excessively slow.

stango

StangoWango
Established Member
I am pretty sure it is just a recommended speed and you can not get a ticket for going over it. I'm sure they can write a ticket if going the speed limit around a certain turn with one of these yellow signs looks like careless driving.

Lawman85

Banned
The yellow speed limit signs are suggested speeds for that curve. They are not necessarily enforceable by laser/radar. The speed is so low because not everyone drives a Cobra. The speed takes into account large trucks, old people in town cars...etc, etc.

Here is the kicker about them... let's say the normal speed limit is 45mph and you approach a series of curves marked 25mph. You go through them at 40mph and slide off of the road and strike something. You will get a ticket for too fast for conditions. Even though you were traveling slower than the posted 45 you were still quite a bit higher than the 25, which contributed to you sliding off of the road.

Hope that helps.

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
"ADVISORY SPEED SIGN
This black and yellow speed sign is used to advise motorists of a comfortable speed to navigate certain situations. It is used with a warning sign. For instance, when traveling on a winding road, the curve warning sign would be used with an advisory speed sign. This sign may be posted by the local road authority on local roads."

crew_dawg16

Established Member
cool, I always thought that's what they were. I like to take the turns at the actual speed limit when possible. Thanks :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread