Yellow Cobra at the Tempe Sports Complex

WOH HRSY

Established Member
Anyone here? I see it every Monday at the soccer games, might even be in my league. Looks and sounds nice!

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Chrome rims? Black COBRA letters in the back? (can't remember if they're outlined or filled in). If so I see that one around tempe sports complex also.

And you play soccer?? NICE!

WOH HRSY

Established Member
Yeah that sounds like it.

Yeah I play year round through a couple different leagues. Do you play? We're always looking for people. :)

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
I played as a kid, stopped right before high school. Now I'm fat, have 1 rebuilt knee, and WAY out of shape for it. Kinda want to play again tho

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yeah that sounds like it.

Yeah I play year round through a couple different leagues. Do you play? We're always looking for people. :)

Yeah I see that Cobra a lot around town. Wow sounds like you are the next Messi haha. I used to play, than just randomly stopped due to injuries. I've played off and on but haven't been able to be any good nor be consistent again :( I keep struggling with ankle injuries. I would love to play again though :) Except I am in no shape to play haha. I actually am starting the insanity work out today hoping to get in shape to start practicing in November.

What leagues do you play in?

I played as a kid, stopped right before high school. Now I'm fat, have 1 rebuilt knee, and WAY out of shape for it. Kinda want to play again tho

Wow that's a lot to go through. It's an awesome sport; I want to get back into it as well.

Sorry for the delay in posting been a bit busy with school and work.

WOH HRSY

Established Member
Yeah I see that Cobra a lot around town. Wow sounds like you are the next Messi haha. I used to play, than just randomly stopped due to injuries. I've played off and on but haven't been able to be any good nor be consistent again :( I keep struggling with ankle injuries. I would love to play again though :) Except I am in no shape to play haha. I actually am starting the insanity work out today hoping to get in shape to start practicing in November.

What leagues do you play in?

Wow that's a lot to go through. It's an awesome sport; I want to get back into it as well.

Sorry for the delay in posting been a bit busy with school and work.

This current league is through Tempe, the other league is through AZsportsleague.com. Most of the games are at Benedict or Tempe Sports Complex, but we've also played at Quail Run (Red Mountain 202 and Greenfield) and the Red Mountain Sports Complex (Brown east of Power). I did P90x a couple months ago and it totally changed my conditioning lol, I played a full half and wasn't winded. I should really do another bout of it though. :rockon:

You gotta remember this is the "old and out of shape" group, with SOME exceptions. Last year we played a bunch of ASU students, yeah we didn't do to well. They're "fun" leagues and we've had people that have never played before on our team.

If you ever want to get back into it or even just kick the ball around let me know they sometimes have pick up games for fun on weekends and I usually meet up with a buddy or two on Sunday's just to kick around for a bit.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I have never heard of those leagues. They seem interesting though as they are year round. I haven't played at either of those fields either. They're not too far though. Did you do the full 3 months of P90X? If you do it again you should follow it up with Insanity. My sibling did it in that order and got great results! I decided to work on my cardio first with Insanity.

Haha some of those "old and out of shape" groups are actually pretty darn good! I remember my old team (bunch of 20 year olds) played a team of older out of shape players and got destroyed. That sounds like the league for me; I'm out of shape currently and not up to the potential I used to be. Sounds like a good league to me.

Yah I actually do want to get back into it. I've been wanting to play but work Saturday's and most leagues have games on Saturday's unfortunately.

And yes I'd like to join you guys to kick the ball around. It would be very beneficial to recovering lost skills on my part. And pick up games sound great as well, I'd just like to get into some shape first!
I'll send you a PM with my number. Not sure if you remember but I was at the cruise to Payson; the white SN95 Cobra with black bullitts :)

WOH HRSY

Established Member
I have never heard of those leagues. They seem interesting though as they are year round. I haven't played at either of those fields either. They're not too far though. Did you do the full 3 months of P90X? If you do it again you should follow it up with Insanity. My sibling did it in that order and got great results! I decided to work on my cardio first with Insanity.

Haha some of those "old and out of shape" groups are actually pretty darn good! I remember my old team (bunch of 20 year olds) played a team of older out of shape players and got destroyed. That sounds like the league for me; I'm out of shape currently and not up to the potential I used to be. Sounds like a good league to me.

Yah I actually do want to get back into it. I've been wanting to play but work Saturday's and most leagues have games on Saturday's unfortunately.

And yes I'd like to join you guys to kick the ball around. It would be very beneficial to recovering lost skills on my part. And pick up games sound great as well, I'd just like to get into some shape first!
I'll send you a PM with my number. Not sure if you remember but I was at the cruise to Payson; the white SN95 Cobra with black bullitts :)

Yeah I did the full 90 but the "lean" program which is more cardio based. My sister did the P90X - Insanity thing. I just need to get back into it since I've been lazy once I finished school.

We always play during the week (although there are weekend leagues). Right now it's Monday nights but the last one I played was Friday. There were also Tuesday and Thursday leagues in the past so it varies. We only have 2 games left including tonights so I'll find out when the next one starts and let you know.

I remember you and the car, but I'm horrible with names so I forgot yours lol.

Shoot me a PM and I'll keep in touch.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yeah I did the full 90 but the "lean" program which is more cardio based. My sister did the P90X - Insanity thing. I just need to get back into it since I've been lazy once I finished school.

We always play during the week (although there are weekend leagues). Right now it's Monday nights but the last one I played was Friday. There were also Tuesday and Thursday leagues in the past so it varies. We only have 2 games left including tonights so I'll find out when the next one starts and let you know.

I remember you and the car, but I'm horrible with names so I forgot yours lol.

Shoot me a PM and I'll keep in touch.

Oh really I didn't know they had a "lean" program? Well it improved your stamina as you said, I need to get on that asap. Yah my sister did it as well, she's always active and both of those still kicked her butt. We're in the same boat except I have been lazy since I started school.

That's good to know. Week day games are the best, even Friday is perfect. This league actually sounds perfect for where I'm at, and schedule wise. Awesome that will give me some time to do conditioning, and the next league will possibly start soon so it's perfect timing.

To be honest I can't remember yours either lol. I remember you and your car as well. PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread