Yeehaw! Parts incoming!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Ordered a VMP 82mm pulley and tune today. Got my steeda sport springs sitting in garage (costed me only the 1.25 hours it took me to replace them on a friends car that hes selling, he gave them to me!). Ordered 1" spacers for the rear wheels. Ill test fit them on the front, but i think they are too wide, since the string measures .75" in from fender (1.25" in rear). I am thinking some 1/2's might be in order and will be measuring for longer studs then prolly going that route.

Bud

Established Member
If you are currently on the 90mm pulley and roush tune that will be a very nice upgrade. Enjoy

davidhuff

Established Member
Ordered a VMP 82mm pulley and tune today. Got my steeda sport springs sitting in garage (costed me only the 1.25 hours it took me to replace them on a friends car that hes selling, he gave them to me!). Ordered 1" spacers for the rear wheels. Ill test fit them on the front, but i think they are too wide, since the string measures .75" in from fender (1.25" in rear). I am thinking some 1/2's might be in order and will be measuring for longer studs then prolly going that route.
Did you run the Roush Tune that came with kit?
Is your 5.0 a auto trans?

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Should make huge diff. between 82mm and custom tune. Do you plan to run at the track any?

I'm sure I'll make it over there (NPRP). Don't look at my times though, for some reason I suck at launching at track. I usually go to see MPH and MPH gain on top side.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
How do you install the Roush TVS Tune,do they send you a Ford Racing Procal ?

No sir. Kit comes with a prepaid FedEx box. I pulled computer out Monday evening and scheduled a pickup for 10 Tuesday. Tuesday, I took it alart (had the baby nearly all day so couldn't work much till late). Wednesday I started about noon and was done by 6 (7.5 hours total time). Computer arrived Thursday morning via UPS by 10 am with roush calibration on it.

If you retune it, the tuner will store the roush tune. If you put it back stock, any stealership can reflag to stock. If you sell the kit, the new owner can send the computer to roush for recal along with a bill of sale from you for kit.

Yeah I asked roush about all that cause I was curious lol.

davidhuff

Established Member
No sir. Kit comes with a prepaid FedEx box. I pulled computer out Monday evening and scheduled a pickup for 10 Tuesday. Tuesday, I took it alart (had the baby nearly all day so couldn't work much till late). Wednesday I started about noon and was done by 6 (7.5 hours total time). Computer arrived Thursday morning via UPS by 10 am with roush calibration on it.

If you retune it, the tuner will store the roush tune. If you put it back stock, any stealership can reflag to stock. If you sell the kit, the new owner can send the computer to roush for recal along with a bill of sale from you for kit.

Yeah I asked roush about all that cause I was curious lol.
Thanks,great information.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Np David. I actually have a very good add-on to the roush instructions written up to clear up a few things and add to things they completely got wrong. I just need to copy it to here and upload the photos. Maybe Sid will send me some svtp swag for posting it up.

kevinp

Established Member
It will be like a new car, I had a copy of the Roush tune in mine for a while and just the difference between that and Justin's 90mm tune was pretty big. The 82mm bumps it up even more.

Cant believe you waited this long to do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread