YAY or NAY! Radiator Cover Flames

RC-5.0

Established Member
Was considering something like this, but in Kandy Red to go with the Red/Silver/Black theme:

blueflames_zps1628dc37.jpg

I want something to make the car stand out at shows.

Here's how she sits now:

RadiatorCoverClear4-1.jpg

If not flames, what about "smoke effect" in the same color scheme?

If you say "NO" please give honest critique as to why not.
Thanks
RC

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
No. Because it looks great already, and it reminds me of when my brother had flames painted on his Mustang and it burned down from bad audio wiring a few days later. Now a Carbon Fiber see through hood with som red LEDs would be sweet!

RC-5.0

Established Member
No. Because it looks great already, and it reminds me of when my brother had flames painted on his Mustang and it burned down from bad audio wiring a few days later. Now a Carbon Fiber see through hood with som red LEDs would be sweet!

Thanks for the compliment, but not sure what painting flames and bad audio wiring have to do with me.

I just see that large black area and when I go to a show and someone has some airbrushed designs on their rad cover, It just sticks out as :thumbsup: as soon as I see it.
RC

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
im a huge fan of a plain looking engine bay. but is all about what you like. just go for it and if you dont like it get a new radiator cover. or paint it black again

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
No!! Actually burn it before you do that! Every time I go to a show and see cars with airbrushing and stuff it just shouts white trash to me.. It looks clean just how it is! If anything, just paint it a different color so it isn't black and sticking out.

RC-5.0

Established Member
If you do anything id go with a carbon fiber rad cover to match the engine cover

Edit: and get rid of that sound tube!

Well, I didnt mention I will be putting a Roush TVS so the Engine cover will go, and so will the sound tube.

WHAT ABOUT JUST SOME PLAIN SILVER SMOKE?

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A STOCK RADIATOR COVER SO I CAN PRACTICE DOING THE DESIGN MYSELF?

RC

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Looks ricey. Im not a fan of engine bay pieces for looks, id rather spend my money on something that helps the performance or exterior look than something nobody ever really looks at.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Looks ricey. Im not a fan of engine bay pieces for looks, id rather spend my money on something that helps the performance or exterior look than something nobody ever really looks at.

Money doesnt matter for me, and I want something for car shows.
RC

Chaney5.0

Money doesnt matter for me, and I want something for car shows.
RC

Your location reflects what kind of judges will be at those car shows...

Clean/simple/functional is my tastes. What's the point in spending hundreds on how your engine bay looks when you get pooped on by the pieced together beater next to you, AND to add insult to injury your hood is closed during the process of being walked so he can't even see how cool your engine looks in his rear view.

SMH

To each their own.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
If you paint it body color then do ghost flames you will have best of both worlds without sticking way out.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Your location reflects what kind of judges will be at those car shows...

Clean/simple/functional is my tastes. What's the point in spending hundreds on how your engine bay looks when you get pooped on by the pieced together beater next to you, AND to add insult to injury your hood is closed during the process of being walked so he can't even see how cool your engine looks in his rear view.

SMH

To each their own.

Wait.. what does the location have to do with anything? :??:

CSG

Established Member
I don't like them at all. I will say though that I see alot of "riced out" terribly over the top done cars that seem to do well at car shows. Just look at members on this site that have won 1st place trophys with what I would consider terrible looking cars. I think at car shows you have alot of non-car types that get impressed with anything that shines whether it is a vinyl stripe or what not.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Wait.. what does the location have to do with anything? :??:

IDK, he's being a:loser: I didnt ask what he thinks money should be spent on, I asked about doing the work as shown in the pics. He also said:

AND to add insult to injury your hood is closed during the process of being walked so he can't even see how cool your engine looks in his rear view

IDK what shows he goes to, but the ones I go to are judged with the hood propped open.

RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
I don't like them at all. I will say though that I see alot of "riced out" terribly over the top done cars that seem to do well at car shows. Just look at members on this site that have won 1st place trophys with what I would consider terrible looking cars. I think at car shows you have alot of non-car types that get impressed with anything that shines whether it is a vinyl stripe or what not.

Point well taken. I got an estimate back today from the painter. They told me that they could do white/gray smoke, with just a hint of red at the base (like the dying flame that produced that smoke). I think that would be a little more tasteful as well as add a nice look.

Thanks for the "constructive" criticism! :beer:

RC

Users who are viewing this thread