Y pipe

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Did anyone ever make a Y pipe for these things for a single exhaust?

Or does anyone know of one that would work from a different vehicle?

Thanks,

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The only Y pipes I know of involve turbos. You'll have to have one made up if you're wanting a single exhaust outlet.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
what in the corncob you doin, Austin?
Lol I posted this in the wrong section lol. Should be in the SN cobra section.

It's for my race car, car makes too much power for the class anyway, I'd prefer to drop the weight and more importantly, get the exhaust the hell away from the tank. The panhard bar makes this a pain because I can't snake it past on the passenger side. The drivers side exits next to the tank with a little turn down pushed away from it, the passenger side dumps before the axle. This does 2 things, it sounds like absolute shit, and it heats up the fuel during races.

I did have the idea that I could just reinstall and cut the x pipe and weld on a block off plate on the passenger side. Talking to a buddy who knows quite a staggering amount about B/C headed engines, with their factory exhaust manifolds they don't scavenge for shit. It might knock down the power a little bit and keep exhaust flow up just enough where I don't lose as much torque down low and I can run a lot less restrictor plate.

Users who are viewing this thread