Y dont more people go with stainless works?

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
it seems like a good sounding exhaust. and all 3" is nice

and if you have it can you post up some sound clips?

thanks
bill:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
This was just asked! Money and Backorders! Other than that great stuff!

ChromeCobra

Established Member
posi said:
This was just asked! Money and Backorders! Other than that great stuff!

When I ordered my exhaust it took 1 1/2 weeks to get which wasnt bad, also when I ordered my headers I was told it could be up to 6 weeks...I was skeptical about it, but I knew they make a good product so I didnt mind the wait. Well 1 week later I had the headers, so I was pleased with that...they came in so early I dont even have time to install em yet.

svtyellowstang

Established Member
When I ordered my Kooks ask asked about stainless works. I was told it would take 6 weeks to come in I did not want to wait that long

orange_rush

Established Member
I have the stainless works on mine (without cats) love the sound. quiet at idle and nasty at wot. The problem I have is the ground clearance. There is no way I would be able to drive the thing if it was any lower. The x pipe crosses right under the tranny crossmember. Does anybody else have this problem or is it just installed wrong?

flyboygeo

Established Member
orange_rush said:
I have the stainless works on mine (without cats) love the sound. quiet at idle and nasty at wot. The problem I have is the ground clearance. There is no way I would be able to drive the thing if it was any lower. The x pipe crosses right under the tranny crossmember. Does anybody else have this problem or is it just installed wrong?

I have the stainless works 3" as well. Sound GREAT! Performance good too. My only complaint also is that it sits lower than other exhaust setups. I was thinking about lowering it some, but am probably not going to. Probably 18" AFS 03 Cobra wheels to fill in the fenders.

black93

Established Member
I've never really seen any of their stuff first hand. So that why i wouldnt buy that brand.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
i just bought a car with SW 3 inch X pipe and exhaust( also known as quartermile performance). i LOVE it. i am buying the headers also. yes they are costly, but i got a deal since it was already on the car.
i love the sound, you cant beat it IMO

flyboygeo

Established Member
DaveHutch said:
i just bought a car with SW 3 inch X pipe and exhaust( also known as quartermile performance). i LOVE it. i am buying the headers also. yes they are costly, but i got a deal since it was already on the car.
i love the sound, you cant beat it IMO

I totally agree with you, sounds awesome and have gotten alot of compliments on the sound at shows and around town.

I was looking into the headers also, where are you getting a deal from?? Are you getting ceramic coated??

Sorry but I don't like the sound of the Stainless works system. The Bassani sound is still king IMHO, for non H pipes.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Because their customer service sucks, they are over priced and you wait 9 weeks to only wait another few weeks. I was told 5 weeks over the winter, gave them 9 weeks, no one from SW could give me an update. Even Lethal got nowhere with them. Cancelled and received my Kook's within 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread