Y do i have so much RWHP???

chuckstang

Established Member
How much power or boost can a stock 99/01 take on stock internals safely with a good tune? and anybody know if say a 100 shot of nitrous would be easier or worse on the engine? sorry about stealing the thread
Im contemplating on either getting a procharger with about 6 pounds or just some nitrous for the track. the nitrous seems alot cheaper.
thanks

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
chuckstang said:
How much power or boost can a stock 99/01 take on stock internals safely with a good tune? and anybody know if say a 100 shot of nitrous would be easier or worse on the engine? sorry about stealing the thread
Im contemplating on either getting a procharger with about 6 pounds or just some nitrous for the track. the nitrous seems alot cheaper.
thanks

Too many variables to give you a definitive answer. Blown cars with stock internals are almost 100% guaranteed to blow at some point, just a matter of when. It's a lot of stress to take when you have substandard parts. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a long life. In my opinion, 420 to 440 would the most I'd expect out of a safe tune.

Nitrous gets expensive if you want to do it right. Bottle heater, remote valve opener, gauges, tune, refills, etc
There's even the direct port injection system (NOSzzle) which is BAD to the bone. I think it runs $1,500 or more.

Blower is a one time expense- bottle will keep hitting the pocket book and you could run out when you wanted it most!

Users who are viewing this thread