y do 98 cobra's pull so hard???

badboycali_559

Established Member
i drove my friends lightly moded 98 coupe and it pulled 10 times harder wiht stock gears, after drivin his car i feel like my car's slow and mine's s/c'd, y do the 98's pull so hard??? r they lighter???

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
um, what in the hell.

you must be on the pipe if you think an NA 98 will pull as hard as your car.

they don't pull any harder then a 99

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
Perhaps the difference here is traction...

My 98 pulled real hard with 4.10's but nothing like my 01 with stock 3.27 gears and a blower.

I know what you are talking about though. I'm sitting here reflecting back to my baby. She was a blast to drive. Just fast enough for fun but not too fast...
Didn't have to worry about blowing the motor or over revving it...

GodStang

Established Member
I have beat 2 97 cobras one had every bolt on including 3.73s and the other had stock gears but full boltons. I was lightly modified. SO I think you are smoking.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Its kind of like banging your buddies girlfriend, yeah shes not as hot as your girlfriend but you dont get to bang her everyday like you do yours, so she seems better that what you have.

Your used to your car, after you become used to a car it doesnt seem as fast anymore. JMHO

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Its kind of like banging your buddies girlfriend, yeah shes not as hot as your girlfriend but you dont get to bang her everyday like you do yours, so she seems better that what you have.

Your used to your car, after you become used to a car it doesnt seem as fast anymore. JMHO
so true! love the analogy lol

badboycali_559

Established Member
i dont' feel the pull in my car, it feels like i m goin 60 when i doin 100, but in his car u fall bak in the seat like u just shot nos everytime u punch it, my car u don't feel jak shit even when the blower kicks in, i know my car's way fast but drivin his car like wow.

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
badboycali_559 said:
i dont' feel the pull in my car, it feels like i m goin 60 when i doin 100, but in his car u fall bak in the seat like u just shot nos everytime u punch it, my car u don't feel jak shit even when the blower kicks in, i know my car's way fast but drivin his car like wow.

perhaps put the 2 on the line and race... then you will know who is really pullin harder!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
badboycali_559 said:

I know what you mean. When I ride in my friend's 8.2 (1/8th mile) second car I'm like "damn this thing is fast!" and I get down because my car doesn't feel that harsh and quick. But when I drive my car and he rides shot gun he says it feels like "When you kick it I'm waiting on the seat to break and throw me in the back seat." he says when he thinks its going to stop pulling it just sets him back in the seat harder.

Point is, its all in your head. :kaboom:

mackj66

Established Member
Another possiblility....whenever you are in the passenger seat, a car will always seem to be more powerful because you are not prepared for when the driver hits the gas. Also, you are not holding onto the steering wheel.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
i test drove stock 99 and a stock 98 back to back and the 98 seemed to pull 10x harder. i bought the 98 and then test drove an 01 and my 98 seemed to pull 10x harder than that one too. i know the new ones are faster but i always wondered the same thing. i thought maybe it was the irs in the newer ones. :shrug:

the 99 cobra i raced (not sure on mods) definitely found out how my 98 pulled:)

wallie40

Established Member
Maybe with the IRS you get alot of wheel hop and his live axle grips and puts down. That is how i feel when i ride in my buddies GT. It pulls crazy. Then i get into mine and i was wondering WTF????

So to put it all to rest we lined up at the track.. and well squashed that theory. :)

-pAul

duane v

Established Member
badboycali_559 said:
i drove my friends lightly moded 98 coupe and it pulled 10 times harder wiht stock gears, after drivin his car i feel like my car's slow and mine's s/c'd, y do the 98's pull so hard??? r they lighter???
Thats because the 98's are quicker than the 99 and 01's stock to stock...but thats only because of the IRS, and the 98 is about 180 lbs lighter...But the upside of the 99/01 motors is it has a greater N/A advantage over the 96-98's in regards to hp potential...My 98 bone stock did a best 13.52 @ 101.67 mph with a 2.1 60 ft....even with the stock rubber...The funny thing is it didnt feel that fast :shrug: ...DA snake boy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread