XXR 521's on 99-04 Cobras?

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
I've been browsing around planning out some new wheels for the cobra when the time comes. I really like a nice mesh style wheel. Unfortionatly the classic bbs wheels are an arm and a leg. So I started thinking some outside of the box. I am really considering the xxr series wheel. I have a performance red cobra and oddly enough I'm considering gold but will most likely end up going with the silver set.

Does anyone here have a set of xxr's and if so how do you like them?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
These are waiting to go on my car this spring. 18x8.5/18x10. TSW makes some good looking "mesh" style wheels as well. That's what's on my car in my signature are TSW Valencia's. You could always hold out as xxr is going to be producing its 531's in 18x11 this year.

jegamu8u.jpg

a3unumyb.jpg

e5aqe8u8.jpg

Last edited:

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
I love those wheels, I was thinking about the 531's but I don't like the universal 9 hole lug pattern. The only thing I'm not fond about on the 521's is the rivets around the wheel.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I want a chrome wheel so the 521's are out. I am with you on the universal bolt pattern on the 531. You would think XXR would have decorative plugs or caps to fill or cover the unused holes.

Last edited:

Svt96

Established Member
How much did those wheels cost? Im looking for sum wheels for my 03 cobra, but not tyin to break the bank.

MrSteve

Established Member
I don't have a set of XXR's but have you scoped out BBS RC090 Style 5 replica set I posted in the Market place? They're gold with a big lip. I might get them painted black and throw them on my Cobra, but I think that's a similar style.

Might give you an idea of other places to look :)

Users who are viewing this thread