Xpipe Install after cats possible?

DoeDoeMilk

Hi all,

I was wonder if it was possible to install the 14421 Corsa Xpipe without the cat deletes.
Corsa 14421 Mustang X-Pipe Off-Road 2-3/4" Stainless Steel 2011-2014 GT

The package comes with 5 pieces and I wanted to install just 3 of the 5. Circled in red

untitled_fa239bee63833262ef5c6f4f299eadd4abaf1606.png

Those 3 Pieces including the x pipe itself would look somewhat like this

unknown.png

Repeating my question, would just those pieces in the last photo fit right up to the factory catalytic converters? Or would I have to install the cat delete pipe included? I can not install cat deletes at the moment due to Maryland laws so I was just wondering if I could take this route instead.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
DoeDoeMilk,

The stock h-pipe and the cat pipes use "ball-and-socket" connections. The h-pipe has a flared socket that accepts the ball-shaped end of the cat pipe. I can't see an easy way of mating the new pipe to the stock cat pipe ends. One option is to swap the new pipe and cat delete pipes to the stock pieces when the car is due for the emissions test.

Another option is to look for an after-cat x-pipe. FRPP used to make one and I'm sure there are other vendors.

edit
The link you provided is to CJ Pony Parts. A quick search turns up FRPP and Flowmaster (3" but bolts to stock exhaust bits). I would imagine that they would take the Corsa pipe back and send you one of the two aftercat x-pipes.
end of edit

HTH,

Chris

Last edited:

DoeDoeMilk

DoeDoeMilk,

The stock h-pipe and the cat pipes use "ball-and-socket" connections. The h-pipe has a flared socket that accepts the ball-shaped end of the cat pipe. I can't see an easy way of mating the new pipe to the stock cat pipe ends. One option is to swap the new pipe and cat delete pipes to the stock pieces when the car is due for the emissions test.

Another option is to look for an after-cat x-pipe. FRPP used to make one and I'm sure there are other vendors.

edit
The link you provided is to CJ Pony Parts. A quick search turns up FRPP and Flowmaster (3" but bolts to stock exhaust bits). I would imagine that they would take the Corsa pipe back and send you one of the two aftercat x-pipes.
end of edit

HTH,

Chris

Did some research and ended up sending Corsa an email. After talking for a bit, they agreed to sell me the 2 adapters needed to hook up to those ball and socket connections.

Might need a 70mm - 2.75 Inch Spherical Clamp though if you know where I can pick up 2 of those

nyuk98GT

Established Member
Did some research and ended up sending Corsa an email. After talking for a bit, they agreed to sell me the 2 adapters needed to hook up to those ball and socket connections.

Might need a 70mm - 2.75 Inch Spherical Clamp though if you know where I can pick up 2 of those

DoeDoeMilk,

That is might good of Corsa to send you the adapters! I didn't even think about that option. Good work on you part.

Tasca (TascaParts.com) sells OEM parts at very good prices. Here is the clamp you need:
Exhaust Components for 2014 Ford Mustang | TascaParts.com
(It's Item 5 on the schematic, part number BR3Z-5A231-C (muffler clamp).

Pretty pricey at $40/clamp. I haven't tried Amazon or an on-line search but you might turn something less expensive. My concern is quality. And, for the Mustang, one should not hesitate to put the right parts on the car, lol.

Don't forget the anti-seize on the threads of the clamp. Stainless will gall and then there's a risk of breaking the threaded part in the nut.

HTH,

Chris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread