Xpipe/catback + dyno = big smile

slither01

Established Member
had the Magnaflow x-pipe and catback installed today, I just can't believe the numbers it put out, I am pumped!

best run "before" 271.1 HP / 277.5 TQ
best run "after" 292.7 HP / 300.9 TQ

for gains of 21.6 HP / 23.4 TQ

Had the work done at Higgins Ford Performance in Douglasville, GA. Everybody out there was great, I would highly recommend them!

Taz

Established Member
Excellent top end gains! Did you sacrifice any low end grunt with the new setup?

T-

:thumbsup:

snowmancobra

Established Member
thats frickin awesome. I just got a magnaflow catback put on. I am gonna do the x pipe and long tubes in a few months should get nice gains.

candy99

Established Member
how much did that cost you??? ive been wanting to get x-pipe but am running a little low on the funds

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Great #'s Were the C&L & the steeda pullies on the before pull also?

I just had the magnaflow catted X put on my snake. I already had the FR500, C&L, & steeda U/D pullies. When I 1st drove after getting the pipe on, I didn't notice loosing anything down low, if anything I feel it pulls better now:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
Originally posted by slither01

Had the work done at Higgins Ford Performance in Douglasville, GA. Everybody out there was great, I would highly recommend them!

Hey dude,

I used to have alot of work done by those guys over at Higgens. They do know their mustang stuff. I had an 00 GT that I modded pretty heavily, I had them do all the work.

Anyway,

Those are some great numbers, I've been leaning towards that same setup, but I wanted the Magnapacks for the loud effect but Magnaflow doen't make the cobra catback with that option :(

So i'm thinking Flowmaster Cat Back because I love the sound that the ones already on my car that was welded in have. I wonder if the Flowmaster setup will yeild those numbers, I sure hope so!!!!

Happy Holidays,

Adam:coolman:

slither01

Established Member
whitesnake2001: Great #'s Were the C&L & the steeda pullies on the before pull also?
Yes, but I gotta believe that the new exhaust is letting them work better now.

candy99: how much did that cost you???
I convinced the wife that I would save a bundle on these when partshopper on stangnet was running free shipping. I think the total was $819. My wife has been very :thumbsup: about all the Cobra "stuff".

Taz: Did you sacrifice any low end grunt with the new setup?
I don't see any loss on the dyno comparison and I definately don't feel it, she pulls hard.

When I went out there I was hoping for an increase of 15 rwhp, I was extremely happy when I saw the "after" numbers. It really has a distinctive sound, not so much like a "hotrod" or "throaty", its like it carries a real consistent note that gets louder with the rpm's, and a real nice aggressive tone at cruising speeds. It could have been louder for my taste, but I am satisfied with sound.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Off topic I know but,

slither01, you seem to have pretty much the same setup that I do. You also have some stuff that I will be having put on, the STB, extreme matrix brace, super subs, & jacking rails. I was wondering how you like the setup? Car handle much beter? Tighten everything up like you hoped? Any issues with install?

I will be having all the above put on this spring, along with some 4:10's, can't wait. Then maybe a chip next.

Again, great #'s

slither01

Established Member
Originally posted by whitesnake2001
I was wondering how you like the setup? Car handle much beter? Tighten everything up like you hoped? Any issues with install?

I love it, you will too. It was like night and day difference. You won't believe what a difference you will feel, I was very surprised, it surpassed my expectations.
I didn't have any install issues, I had it done at Kenny Brown while I was up there visiting my sister on vacation. BTW, if you ever get a chance, go checkout Kenny Brown Performance everyone over there was super nice!

slither01

Established Member
I heard that, 300 is over here next door, after I work some more OT I'm going to go visit 300, if you know what I mean.

Thanks, David

silver01snake

Established Member
Cool Numbers guys, Congrats.... I just redynoed at 311.3 hp and 308.5 torq to the rear. Mods are Mac off road H pipe with MILS, Mac cats back system, WMS cai kit, Steeda pullies, Diablo Delta chip with custom tune, 4:10's gears. Going for 320 to 330 rear hp. Just order the JDM long tubes with VRS off road X pipe. That should get me there lol. I hope ??????? Shooting for low 12's high 11's . Keep you all posted.......... Happy Holidays

shadow

got snake ?
Established Member
Awsome. I have the full Magnaflow system on my car also.

Adam, you can get the full magnaflow system w/ the magnapacks. They don't offer it to the public because it is REALLY loud. If you are interrested in going that route, pm me and I will tell you how you can go about getting it.

Users who are viewing this thread