Xhaust Question

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
Hay Guys. Ihavent visited in a while but i have been checkin out exhaust systems for the Focus and i have found the Borla ,HKS AND Thermal CL, are any of these worth buying as far as any gains? or do you just get the classic FARTPIPE sound? :lol:
It looks like the Borla has a strait thru kitty.....sum gains there?

Thanks
Steve

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
imo Borla deff sounds the best as far as after market. But my exhaust is the kewlest sounding Focus with out a V8 confersion. I'll post pictures soon. Probally next Monday, I need to polish the chrome tips I took off a Mustang.

Primaris

Established Member
For actual gains you need to get an off-road pipe. The cat back systems are pretty much just for sound. I use the MBRP and it's supposedly the loudest. It's not at all like a fart can aka the "ricer mating call."

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
I read the stock exhaust on these are very well tuned. SVT took their time to get it right. On a project car in some magazine, they supercharged it and kept the stock exhaust because changing it out would not add noticable gains for them (and it does sound really good, too.) Just my 2pennies.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
HalfTime said:
imo Borla deff sounds the best as far as after market. But my exhaust is the kewlest sounding Focus with out a V8 confersion. I'll post pictures soon. Probally next Monday, I need to polish the chrome tips I took off a Mustang.

What about that clutch HalfTime!!!!! Do you have that on yet Soldier?????!!!???? I think a clutch is alot more important, than some damn polish!!!!!!!! LmAo J/K :beer:

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
What about that clutch HalfTime!!!!! Do you have that on yet Soldier?????!!!???? I think a clutch is alot more important, than some damn polish!!!!!!!! LmAo J/K :beer:

Ya know ive had the car for purtneer two years and just have 5000 miles on it as i have a total of four toys that i can drive,i havent tore the clutch out of it yet and i bought a hole bunch of warrantee on it when i bought it,er else i slam it with a Jackson SC and a helva clutch,bye bye warantee!
just would like to wake it up a little more,a fun car but too slow.

Steve

BLACKSNAKE 94

The Ol fart with class!
Established Member
Hotrod Tommy said:
I read the stock exhaust on these are very well tuned. SVT took their time to get it right. On a project car in some magazine, they supercharged it and kept the stock exhaust because changing it out would not add noticable gains for them (and it does sound really good, too.) Just my 2pennies.

Yur exactly right the exhaust is really pretty good i think too,its wanna of those carfreak egos i think,i never left the stock exhaust or air intake on anything i ever owned,maybe the car part of my brain has to much testosterone! :lol:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
lol, yea yea, I know. I'm working on it... :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

But c'mon man, I did my exhaust for FREE!!! Perks of my job. :-D I need to save up some cash beofre I get a stage2 CM clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread