Xcalibrator questions

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I have the opportunity to pick up an xcal for reasonably cheap, but it may still have tunes on it (hell, its not even from a mustang :D). Could I simply d/l my stock tune from the EEC to the xcal, and delete an existing tune?

I apologize for my ignorance, once again, on the modulars :)

Eric

o0rikio0o

Established Member
its probably locked. dont even deal with it. trust me, the buyer is probably looking for a fool to buy it... dont be that fool.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
what does it mean when its locked - does that mean all 3 tune slots are filled and there is no way to delete them?

i'm gonna pass now (thanks for the advice!!! :) , but i'd like to understand more of how the thing works

Eric

o0rikio0o

Established Member
all chips and tuners must be locked onto a specific car in order to work. this prevents people from tuning one car, passing it to a friend to tune theirs, then passing it on, etc etc. so what they did was they made it so that you need to return your car to stock in order for the tuner/chip to work on another car. i hope that made sense. basically to get it onto another car, the previous car would have to have been put back to stock. this is known as "VIN locking". what probably didnt happen in your case was that the previous person didnt return theirs to stock, therefore you are buying a locked tuner. ask them if its unlocked or locked... i'll bet you any much that its locked.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
you could send it to SCT to have it unlocked for a small fee.

It all depends on how much he wants for it.

Users who are viewing this thread