XCal3 issues

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I had flashed my car back to stock for a bit, then went back to load my Custom Dyno Tune. The SCT screen froze up on the __% complete status when uploading the custom tune. I let it sit for a few minutes, no change and the fans kept running. Finally I turned the key off and unplugged the XCal when I gave it close to 5 minutes and nothing changed. Drove it a few times keeping it out of boost and it ran and drove fine enough.

Later trying to reinstall the tune, it shows: Error ECM updated. Contact SCT support.

Yesterday I tried to 'return to stock' to start from scratch, and it is giving me an 'Incorrect Vehicle' error.

Any ideas? This is my XCal3, was bought new never used on another vehicle. I never heard back from SCT Email support but do not always have the car with me to get on the phone support line and diagnose it either.

2004torchred

Established Member
I had flashed my car back to stock for a bit, then went back to load my Custom Dyno Tune. The SCT screen froze up on the __% complete status when uploading the custom tune. I let it sit for a few minutes, no change and the fans kept running. Finally I turned the key off and unplugged the XCal when I gave it close to 5 minutes and nothing changed. Drove it a few times keeping it out of boost and it ran and drove fine enough.

Later trying to reinstall the tune, it shows: Error ECM updated. Contact SCT support.

Yesterday I tried to 'return to stock' to start from scratch, and it is giving me an 'Incorrect Vehicle' error.

Any ideas? This is my XCal3, was bought new never used on another vehicle. I never heard back from SCT Email support but do not always have the car with me to get on the phone support line and diagnose it either.

I had a similiar issue with mine.. I had a dead cell in my battery, my car still had enough juice to fire up and run ok. It was really weird, but then I replaced battery and now its all good. I know it sounds dumb, but those SCT tuners act up if they don't get the right amount of volts. Worth a try I guess.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I had a similiar issue with mine.. I had a dead cell in my battery, my car still had enough juice to fire up and run ok. It was really weird, but then I replaced battery and now its all good. I know it sounds dumb, but those SCT tuners act up if they don't get the right amount of volts. Worth a try I guess.

I thought that's what might have pissed it off the first time around when it froze during the tune.

Had the car on the CTek charger while trying to reinstall the tune yesterday, and still got the 'Incorrect Vehicle' message.

2004torchred

Established Member
Another thing worth trying is to wait around 25 seconds before pressing each button on the tuner to give the tuner time to catch up. I'm not sure why but if I press the bottons too quick when uploading a tune it won't load, but if I wait like 20 or so seconds in between each selectionit works. It's like my computer lags or something... Keep me posted, I'm very curious

Yellazxr

Established Member
Call SCT and they will be able to help you out with this, make sure you have the vehicle and a computer handy when you call them though.

Users who are viewing this thread