xcal2 question

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
I searched for this but didn't find anything. But anyway, do people share the "xtr" files from the sct xcalbrator II? The reason I ask is, I have an xcalII and I want to change the gear ratio and wheel/tire size to fix the speedometer/odometer, and I dont have an appointment for a dyno tune for 3 weeks yet. I saw I can do this in sct's extreme tune program, but I don't have an "xtr" file to edit. If anybody can help out, I'd appreciate it. If it's not even worth it, then I will just wait the 3 weeks, but in the mean time, I'm putting dummy miles on the car...well let me know. Thanks!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
what processor are you running? i have the stock 01 cobra .xtr file i can send you, that will allow you to change gear and tire size in extreme tune...let me know...

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I was told xtr files do not work on the xcal2, you need ll3 or something liek that.

Have your dyno guy send you a basic tune or something. When you load the custom tune, it will ask you to go into opp parameters where you can change spark, gear, speed limiter, rev limter(drive and neutal) and some other things.

And you say you have a 00 cobra, do you mean 01?

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
MachME said:
I was told xtr files do not work on the xcal2, you need ll3 or something liek that.

Have your dyno guy send you a basic tune or something. When you load the custom tune, it will ask you to go into opp parameters where you can change spark, gear, speed limiter, rev limter(drive and neutal) and some other things.

And you say you have a 00 cobra, do you mean 01?

No, it was formerly a 2000 v6, but is powered by an '01 cobra engine, '01 cobra tranny, and '03 gt rearend. Only 2000 cobra in atlantic metallic blue :-D

Users who are viewing this thread