Xcal2 Not Responding - Fuse for OBDII?

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
My XCal2 decided to just all of a sudden not connect to the car. It worked for a split second and then turned off. I verified that it still works by plugging it up to my PC and all was good. Is there a fuse that could have blown? I've been told to check the cig lighter fuse, but that was good to go.
Thx,

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I did..didn't see anything specifically for OBDII. It was working fine previously so not sure why it would have cutoff like that unless it was a fuse.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Is there a different cigarette fuse besides the one in position 1 per the diagram? My cigarette lighter is working fine. I plugged in my cell charger and it worked perfectly :(

Was told it's fuse #31...anyone with a manual handy can confirm?

Well, it's pin #31 which is data link connector. I'll check that out when I get home...hopefully that's it. Just a 10amp fuse. Anyone had this happen before. Usually I don't connect the xcal2 with the key even in the off position, but I think I did this time...not sure if that had anything to do with it or not since it wasn't in the "On" position.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

connecting it with it on or off is fine.

BTW, I had a similar issue and I hate to say it, but it was a ground. i found the problem by luck. a previous shop f'ed up a ground wire up by the battery and used a butt connector to reconnect the ground wire, which they did not crimp it properly, so the wire came out.

if you have something similar, wiring is a nightmare to track down.

Users who are viewing this thread