xcal 4 and datalogging with widebands

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I need advice and i will make a long story short. I have two AEM widebands on my 04 Lightning. I want to datalog and have both banks show up on my laptop using SCT live wire(or whatever it's called to datalog). I have an xcal two and realized that i wont be able to do that with it like i thought.

How difficult is it to hook up an xcal 4 to my widebands? If it can be done without much hassel, i will buy an xcal 4 instead of the xcal 3. For the xcal 3, i already have how to's available which are easy to fallow.

Edit. Found out i need a 9pin cable to work with my xcal 2.

Last edited:

TXEnginerd

Established Member
I have an SCT X4 and hooking up analog inputs couldn't be easier if your gauges have analog output wires. All you need is a 6 pin firewire cable which can be had for < $10 on Amazon. You cut it in half, and use a multimeter to find out which wires correspond to the two data pins. Then solder each wideband analog output wire to the data wires of your firewire cable and the ground wire to a ground source and you're done.

Plug it in to the X4 and in the datalogging menu, edit the analog inputs and select whichever wideband equation matches your gauge.

You can do it with the X2/X3 in a similar fashion, the only difference is the datalogging setup is not as straightforward in the device menu. The X4 is an awesome handheld - so much improved over the X3. I recommend it highly!

Users who are viewing this thread