Xcal 3 vs X4 tunes

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Will tunes written for my car to be used with an Xcal3 work if loaded onto an X4? Just curious, cause I want to buy an X4 to use on my GT instead of the x3 I have now. This will allow me to use the x3 on my F150 I think right?

Thanks

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Last I heard the X3 tunes needed to be "reprogrammed" (in sorts) to be written to an X4 device, simply to give the tune the newer device serial number I think.

daustin

Established Member
Last I heard the X3 tunes needed to be "reprogrammed" (in sorts) to be written to an X4 device, simply to give the tune the newer device serial number I think.

Yeah, the tune will definitely need the correct SCT serial number. Other than that, everything else should be the same.

Last edited:

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Is it possible to Datalog on the X4 itself without being plugged into a laptop? Then send the file via the wifi of the X4 to a computer?
Just curious?

This would be awesome for guys like me who don't have access to a windows laptop. I'm using a macbook and SCT has not released a compatible data logging software for us Mac users.

Last edited:

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Is it possible to Datalog on the X4 itself without being plugged into a laptop? Then send the file via the wifi of the X4 to a computer?
Just curious?

This would be awesome for guys like me who don't have access to a windows laptop. I'm using a macbook and SCT has not released a compatible data logging software for us Mac users.

I have the X4 and the organic datalogging built in will not work for remote tuning. Not enough parameters.

Users who are viewing this thread