X4 won't read AFR. HELP!

03Mocked

Established Member
Hey guys, kind of at a standstill here with my tuning, I am trying to data log with my x4 and live wire. Problem is my x4 won't read the AFR at all. Says zero at all times and there's no AFR on live wire. Tuner obviously needs the AFR and SCT is closed on sundays and won't answer any emails I have sent to urgent support. The device is updated and everything. What am I missing here??

helloWorld

Established Member
I am trying to remember all of this off of the top of my head. You stated that your X4 is updated to the lastest firmware. Are you running the latest version of LiveLink (2.5.2)?

Next, are you sure you have the correct strategy? You can hook up your X4 and look at Car Info or whatever and find out the strategy of the ECU. If I remember, my '13 5.0 was FPDL5.

Next, which PID's are you trying to load? As far as fuel was related, AED usually asks for Lambse Bank 1 and 2, Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 and 2, Measured AFR Bank 1 and 2, and finally Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 and 2.

03Mocked

Established Member
Lastest update on LiveLink as well, correct strategy, tuner is also asking for all those PIDs. Problem is that the AFR on the actual x4 device reads zero at all times and there is no data transferred to LiveLink during data log.

helloWorld

Established Member
Is the Comm symbol at the top left of LiveLink still red? Maybe communication has not been fully established. The only other thing I can think of is maybe the SCT drivers need to be reinstalled.

Or, your upstream widebands are not working or maybe they didn't install those at the factory :dancenana:

SixPak

Established Member
I had the same problem recently, turned out to be faulty O2 sensors.

Check for error codes with your SCT device.

Users who are viewing this thread