X vs H pipe FACTS

Mashburn94

Established Member
This is not your typical which is better blah blah. I have a 2011 GT, and went with an off road H. My buddy has a 2015 GT. I know for mine the X makes more top end and is raspier, the H is throatier, and makes better low-mid but not too end. To me the H sounds better.

He was telling me that the S550's are different, that they are designed to run an X pipe. It sounds better on these, and is a significant difference performance wise. I don't think this is right since it is still the coyote engine. I think he is just ignorant trying to sound like he knows what he is talking about.

Do the pipes function the same on the S550 as the 197?

demas

Established Member
Why would it be different from the S197?
For these kinds of saying people should provide some information otherwise your friend just doesn't know what he's talking about

Mashburn94

Established Member
I agree, I think it should be the same since it's the same engine. But I haven't researched s500's much since I don't own one. Just wanted to be sure something weird hadn't changed or something like that.

He had no proof, just "I've read on the Internet"

Still what he was saying didn't make ANY sense to me

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
H pipes sound better x pipes make a little more power.. Its the same for all mustangs no one stang is special not even the gt-350!

Mashburn94

Established Member
+9999999999999

What did I read just now :xpl:

Yeah tell me about it! I'm not going to argue if I don't know, I knew it wasn't like that on the 11-14's for sure, and couldn't see how in the hell the 15's would be any different.

Black beast: that's the impression I was under, I have the H on my car for that reason.

krssrls

Established Member
There a a lot of significant differences between the first gen coyote motor and that that's in the current S550 plat form do a little research on the motor and you will find out quick that the current motor is much improved over what you will find in your 2011 S197. as far as X vs H I think it's more of a personal preference.

Users who are viewing this thread