X pipes, Bassani or Magnaflow????

j_yates78

Established Member
OK, i need to buy an x pipe to fix my smashed cat on the stock H pipe. I just can;t decide, but i am leaning toward magnaflow, due to the HP gains being greater than bassani. as for sounds i don;t care too much i don;t want it to sounds shitty but not my major concern i just want power. where is the best place to make a purchase, would liek to save the most money possible for pulleys.haha.
thanks,
jason

wrenchhead46

Established Member
Bassani makes a very quality x-pipe, however I would recommend a BBK x-pipe (great performance and price!)
you can check them out at brothersperformance.com

Trblmkr

Established Member
From what I've read (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) but going with ANY X-Pipe is going to make your car louder. H pipe will give your car a more deep sound, and the X will give it more of a "ricer" sound.

And most X's will only net you a few horses on the end (2-3) so there's not much difference on them, just sound.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Get the magnaflow catted x pipe. I have one and love it. A friend of mine did some research between the bassani and magnaflow and more people claimed the cats went out more often with the bassani than the magnaflow. Mine came with a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty. I will have to disagree about the x pipe being more of a ricer sound, it is a deeper tone to me than the h pipe. The x pipe gives more of a ferrari or lamborgini type sound. More on the exotic sound. Unless you classify those cars as ricers, then you are right about the sound.

JC

IwantAsvtCOBRA

likes it fast
Established Member
my buddy with a 01 cobra has a bassani x with no cats, he loves the sound that comes from his dynomax mufflers, it sounds really good, not ricer like though.

j_yates78

Established Member
OK, so where would be the best place to get either one? Full Line Exhaust??? anyone with better prices?

thanks.

oh what does "ttt" mean???

j_yates78

Established Member
oh i heard that magnaflow doesn't hang too low compared to the bassani. my car is really low. i have a pro kit minus half a coil. so it used to scrap and i think that is why i have the problem i have now.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by j_yates78
oh i heard that magnaflow doesn't hang too low compared to the bassani. my car is really low. i have a pro kit minus half a coil. so it used to scrap and i think that is why i have the problem i have now.

You know, I think you're right. Back when I was researching the Bassani catted X & the magnaflow catted X, I remember seeing pics where the cats on the Bassani were hanging lower than the cats of the Magnaflow X. Every little inch of ground clearance helps when you are lowered, this would be a big factor to me.
I am not sure about both pipes when it comes to comparing their off-road versions....

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I got my Magnaflow x with cats back in december for $379 shipped from stangnets partshopper site. It was the best price at the time. I haven't priced since then.

99SVTcobraVERT

i have seen dyno for both and it varies car to car. plain and simple this is true with all mods. it is your preference. personally i went with bassani just because 1. they have good rep , 2. i stole the pipe at a great price and 3. it just sounds cool to say you have a bassani hi flow X. but bottom line is, why dont we ask which is better red or black for a mustang? or how about h or x. you are always going to have just about a 50/50 when it comes to people responding. because each own or have owned one of the choice which makes them one sided in their own way. go with which ever one you think sounds "cool" when you tell people about it and list in sig and which one is better price for your budget haha. because after all, its your money....not ours.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I've heard of a lot of cat failures in the bassani's, my friend had 2 in about 10,000 miles. But the sound with their catback and JBA's shorties is absolutely wicked~ if a tad loud for my tastes.

j_yates78

Established Member
I went with the magnaflow. the clearance issues were the deciding factor. wish me luck. also i am going to get a set of mufflers but not sure which to go with. i heard that the x pipe should have non-chambered mufflers. what brands fall into this category? what is the proce range of these mufflers? all help is appriciated.

jason

99SVTcobraVERT

or why not just pay 369 for complete catback on here someone has access to one that cheap. that bolts up that you can do yourself at home instead of paying however much the muff's are plus the cost of having them welded it. it looks better and you have a complete catback, not a cut up factory one. looks better and sounds better with the bigger pipes. and none chambered cat backs would be magnaflow,fr500 motorsport,reg motorsport for cobra,and maybe the bassani but im not for sure about that one.

Users who are viewing this thread